Does anyone make SF "C" compatible bezel in HA-III besides SF?

Agent_Jaws

Newly Enlightened
I'm considering putting together another light but want to go with Type-III anodizing this time. Does anyone, aside from Surefire themselves, manufacture a "C" series compatible bezel with Type-III anodizing? I've seen some aftermarket bezels but nothing of that caliber yet. I'm considering either the C2/6P style or M2 style heads. I considered stepping to the M3 style head since there are some Leef bodies for it but I'd like to keep to the P60-type drop-ins. If there's any way to adapt the standard M3 style head to the P60 drop-ins I'd be interested in that too.

I know the marketplace can be good but I'd like to know if there are any other options than Surefire bezels in Type-III (black, natural, OD, any color).

Thanks guys.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Isn't the M3 head an incan only design?... I didn't think a P60 module would fit(?)

Yup... AFIAK its SF only for typeIII bezels. Theres also a black version M2 head available in typeIII

Also I don't think its possible to fit an M3 bezel on a 6P/C2/M2 body.

If you post a WTB thread on the marketplace I'm sure people will send you offers.
Lately I've been thinking a really groovy light would be a Surefire C3 body paired with an M2 bezel.

Agent_Jaws

Newly Enlightened
I haven't taken a look inside the M3 head, I just like the looks from the outside, which is why I was also looking at the M2 head but I like the older style instead of the newer style. I know the M3 head doesn't fit naturally on C2-type bodies, but there are aftermarket bodies that have C tail/M head configurations.

It sucks if no one else is making HA bezels, unless they are obtainable fairly inexpensively from SF. I really don't want to have to buy a whole new light just for a HA bezel. Mostly I just want an M3-looking light to shove a Malkoff in. At this point I'm more looking for cosmetic design than logical function since I already have a solid functional light (or several).

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The shock absorbing M2 head just needs an added dohickey to work with a Malkoff.

From skimming the Surefire website, the M3 host is a larger version of the M2 host - the head looks to be the same.

The M3 Turbo head is just a larger reflector and should, hypothetically, still take a Malkoff or similar LED drop-in.

The M2 lists the SF P60L as an option, so if the M2 can take one, most likely the M3 can take on and so on.

-Trevor

cfromc

Enlightened
The M3 head is different from the M2, including the threads, so it will not fit without an adapter and it will not accept D26/P60 style drop-ins. Lighthound.com may have such an adapter. I have a C3/M2 combo - My "MC3". But I would not recommend the M2 head for an LED due to heat transfer and electrical conductivity issues. The 6P/C2 heads are better for LEDs IMO.

Agent_Jaws

Newly Enlightened
Since no one else makes a Type-III bezel, does anyone know if you can go from Type-II to Type-III without having to go through all kinds of extra stuff?

It may just be more economical to re-coat my light (or aftermarket parts). Anyone know about how much it would cost to get a 9P sized light coated?

Scattergun

Enlightened
G&P used to make a weaponlight with HA-III finish, and the bezel was SF-compatible, but it seems like a waste of money to buy the entire light just to get the bezel!