New Inova T Series for 2009?

1011Tristar

Newly Enlightened
Buffalo, NY & Franklin, MA (Boston 'burb)
I have an Inova T2 and T5 (both areTIROS) which I love. I was thinking of getting the 2008 T1 (small, for travel), or the 2008 T2, which I prefer, due to the not so floody beam. I'm still not decided on which one for sure, and yes, I considered getting both, until I imagined my wife's face when she questions me about the charge on the credit card. In any case, does anyone know if Inova will be changing the lights for 2009, such as switching to Cree? I'd hate to spend the money on one now, only to find out that updated versions will be out soon.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt it. Inova still has to release that crazy new military line of lights so it seems to me that they wouldn't want to spend the time messing with the T series.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't mind if they stuck to Lumileds K2 l.e.d.s as long as they used the 115 lumen/watt one they have been promising for about 2 years. That would put it at the efficiency of an R4 Cree l.e.d. but with a warmer tint and no rings in the beam. It might even provide a near doubling of the current TFFC K2 currently in their T series line. They aren't going to switch to Crees. They'd have to change too much of the design and the beam wouldn't be as clean. The bulb lifetime is 10,000 hours less with a Cree and they can't be driven as hard. Supposedly, the 115 lumen/watt l.e.d. should be able to be driven at higher currents that the current ones and you could get 500 lumens from one die. That would make it unmatched for throw.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a fan of the K2 emitter, it works very nice. A little warmer, a little brighter.

Have you seen the runtime of the 2008 models for the lumens they put out? :eek: