Dereelight DBS v2 link or photo request

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a link to a photo of a DBS v2 with extension tube installed? If not, can someone post a photo? I'm curious about the appearance and overall length.

Thanks in advance

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go. :)

dsc06609ps0.jpg

msloshooter

Newly Enlightened
Hey Flashcrazy,

What batteries do you run with the extension and what is the run time. I am really interested in this light. Also what is the lumen output if you know. I am looking for a really good thrower. I work in Law Enforcement and find myself in the woods searching vast expanses quite often. I currently use a Streamlight Ultra Stinger, which has very good throw (about 100 yrds.).

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Flashcrazy,

What batteries do you run with the extension and what is the run time. I am really interested in this light. Also what is the lumen output if you know. I am looking for a really good thrower. I work in Law Enforcement and find myself in the woods searching vast expanses quite often. I currently use a Streamlight Ultra Stinger, which has very good throw (about 100 yrds.).

Hi there, I haven't done runtime tests yet, but what I can do is assemble one with the extension tube and take some current measurements. From there, I can estimate runtime. I'll try to do that tomorrow. The total lumens is about 210-220 out the front. I'm not sure what lux numbers the Ultra Stinger puts out, but the DBS puts out 22000 plus.

msloshooter

Newly Enlightened
That would be great. The Ultra Stinger runs 295 lumens (claimed), I don't know if anyone has tested these lights on lux. I am fairly new to the boards and I have not had a chance to check more on the Ultra Stinger. Also what kind of batteries are you using in the extension tube 2x18650?

Thanks for the time.

Axion

Enlightened
Battery choices are determined/limited by the emitter pill being used. IIRC none of the latest drivers are good for more then 12v. This means that you could run 2 x 18650 or 4 x CR123, but not 4 x RCR123.

Lumen Outputs also depend on the pill being used. Dereelight doesn't claim lumen numbers but from looking at current draw one can make some estimations. The Q5 pills should be ~280 (at the emitter) lumen given the 1.2 amp drive current. This beam will be very tight, great for loooong range stuff. The brand new MC-E pill should be 400+ lumen for it's 2.1 amp drive current. It won't throw as far due to not being as tightly focused but you'll get more of that "wall of light" that can be more useful for short range (less then 150ft).

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there, I haven't done runtime tests yet, but what I can do is assemble one with the extension tube and take some current measurements. From there, I can estimate runtime. I'll try to do that tomorrow. The total lumens is about 210-220 out the front. I'm not sure what lux numbers the Ultra Stinger puts out, but the DBS puts out 22000 plus.

Ok, I took some current measurements with the 3SM pill running 2 x 18650's. Runtime on high should be 2.5 hrs or better, medium 8+ hours, low 22+ hours. These are estimates, and I always try to estimate very conservatively. :)