buidling a flashlight(new to this)

brennemanj83

Newly Enlightened
what all is involved in building a flash light?i'm to new to this and was wanting to give it a try.i was thinking of something along the lines of one that i could mount to my varmint rifle for coyotes after dark with red led and something that would shine fairly far.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
what all is involved in building a flash light?i'm to new to this and was wanting to give it a try.i was thinking of something along the lines of one that i could mount to my varmint rifle for coyotes after dark with red led and something that would shine fairly far.
:welcome: Glad to have you here. A suggestion. Read..read..read. Spend awhile just reading these forums and get a feel for the lingo and whats what. Then you can proceed with modifying. After that you might think about building your own light but not before. Although not rocket science its not easy either.
Always use the search function to research if you have a question. If you still cannot find the answer then we will be here to help you.

Check out the Welcome Mat for starters.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, brennemanj83!

I'll move your thread into the Homemade & Modified section, where you will find other "build-your-own" threads and members discussing how to do it.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Maybe you don't have to build one at first. For what you want to do(red output and far throwing) maybe a P60 accepting light with a Red LED drop-in could work.

brennemanj83

Newly Enlightened
i have been looking at thultrafire lights on deal extreme.are they any good and could i mod one of them with a red led emitter?i would like to keep the price below $75

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have been looking at thultrafire lights on deal extreme.are they any good and could i mod one of them with a red led emitter?i would like to keep the price below $75
Some are good some are junk. Try using the search function to see if anyone has reviewed one of the ones you are thinking about. You can modify just about anything to have a red led so don't worry too much about that.