Black Friday predawn

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
What light's are you gonna bring? I will wow everyone with my P7 and direct drive Romisen RC-M4 light with P60 Q5 light. 300+ lumens and 700 or so lumens.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
What light's are you gonna bring? I will wow everyone with my P7 and direct drive Romisen RC-M4 light with P60 Q5 light. 300+ lumens and 700 or so lumens.

I'll be sleeping, never been interested in all this "black friday" stuff. I don't spend money on impulse buys, as a result I can afford Surefires, HDS, Malkoff, etc that are American made which I use as tools rather than toys to wow people.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'll be sleeping, never been interested in all this "black friday" stuff. I don't spend money on impulse buys, as a result I can afford Surefires, HDS, Malkoff, etc that are American made which I use as tools rather than toys to wow people.

x2... black friday:sick2::green::sigh::thumbsdow

cl0123

Enlightened
Dumping ice chips into a large cooler in my trunk early morning in the grocery store. When I used my C2+M60F to look for something inside the trunk, a couple of young Safeway clerks whispered 'wow". I turned to look in their direction and they gave me a nod with a kinda embarrassed grin. I think it was around 5:30a or right around sunrise. However, I suppose that little light was indeed bright.

Anyway, if I were to go on to the Black Friday line, I would wear a LOD or similar featherweight light on a lanyard around my neck, or maybe an Nitecore Extreme at the most. In fact, if it strobes, it probably can "wow".

With that said, I have never been keen on Black Friday line and not planning to go either. :shrug:

Please stay safe and enjoy the "festivities".

With Aloha,

Clarence

PS. Just came back from another great Thanksgiving gathering. I am just so thankful to see the whole "clan" under one roof. Thanksgiving is definitely among one of the best traditions in this country! Amen!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
on a more serious note... bring your lights, strike bezels if you have them, or a 4-D mag. Go with friends or a group if at all possible. Stay with the group and stay SAFE.

Take advantage of security presence and never stray too far out of their sight. heck... take a moment and compare flashlights!!, in true CPF spirit. Good Luck to those CPFers, hope you score some deals/bargains and free up some spending $$$ for MORE FLASHLIGHTS!!

P.S. this thread is making me want to go out and get in line:eek:. We were driving back from my inlaws house tonight at 9:00 and the parking lot started to look more like a camp ground.

I probably had 2-3 POUNDS of turkey/cranberry sauce tonight.... gonna hit the sack soon.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were going to stand out in the dark, to entertain myself, I'd bring my short arc HID. :devil:
But I'm too broke right now to go black Friday shopping so I'll sleep tonight instead. And once I become un-broke in a few days most of that expendable income will go toward my DEFT. :D

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Ill be at work at sears lawn and garden from 4am til 4pm. You guys are ridiculous with the "wowoing" and strike bezels. They have lights In the stores and this isn't the shetto. Its walmart and malls. Thugs sleep in don't you fools know that. Relax. And get a bigass cup of coffee. Ill be at waffle house at 3am getting all coffeed up

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Ill be at work at sears lawn and garden from 4am til 4pm. You guys are ridiculous with the "wowoing" and strike bezels. They have lights In the stores and this isn't the shetto. Its walmart and malls. Thugs sleep in don't you fools know that. Relax. And get a bigass cup of coffee. Ill be at waffle house at 3am getting all coffeed up

maybe it was hyped up in my local media but last year theft and assault crimes were a concern in the bay area as people were getting mugged in the dark for their cash and merchandise. Thefts weren't happening in the stores or malls, but in the dark secluded parking lots.

Maybe I was a little over-board with the strike bezel comment, but heck if you have one why not take it with you? A thief is not going to choose to rob someone holding a sharp, chunky piece of metal in their fist, they are going to pray on someone else.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thugs sleep in don't you fools know that.

I actually beg to differ. I've been standing around in some very dark rainy corners at a line for BestBuy in the past. Definitely flashlight-able territory. Secondly there have been crimes reported in the past of thugs robbing people outside the stores on black Friday. Most that I remember were people ripping off Playstation 3's and laptops etc form the come-on ads. Though I will add that training and having a good head on your shoulders will make a difference, not a useless strike bezel on a flashlight.

And IMHO having an HID will definitely help pass the time. Those hours creep by really slowly at 2am in the rain. :sick2:

mdocod

Flashaholic
I'll be delivering pizzas, which on black friday, means mostly delivering to various places of business, like best buy and lowes and stuff, and trying to fight my way from the front of the store to the back where the break room is with 30 pizzas....

Yes, I'll be the ***hole parked out front of the store with the emergency lights blinking and no regard for how far you had to walk to get there.

And I don't care.

did I mention how much I'm looking forward to tomorrow?

Eric

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
IThugs sleep in don't you fools know that. Relax.

You're wrong and right. They do sleep in, but that's because a lot of them will be still awake during the twilight hours. Strike bezels may be going overboard, but strength in numbers is a good idea, they'll also give you company.

Do you guys remember the Tickle Me Elmo craze though? It's a f'd up world! Have fun guys.

artec540

Enlightened

Working hard trying to find a polite way of commenting on your post....... so far I haven't succeeded so I shan't comment at all!

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I'm from New Zealand, so had never heard of this black friday thing, I assume it is a day of sales, and that people line up to get in to the shops first? On our news this morning there was a report of a worker at Walmart being killed when shoppers stormed in to the shop, and others had been injured in the crush. Very sad, and hard to understand, it's only a sale.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got up...what did I miss?

Oh...this morning some dude was sleeping on the sidewalk waiting for BB to open when I wandered by. There was this shiny gray tube laying beside him so I picked it up. I dunno what all the words are but it says Titan and Surefire...I'll trade it away to one of the guys for a pack of cigs. ;)
:)

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was this shiny gray tube laying beside him so I picked it up. I dunno what all the words are but it says Titan and Surefire.
No need to trade it!!! just send it to me,after all it's just a empty cigar tube and it just so happens I'm collecting them right now :laughing:

Last edited: