Koehler-Bright Star

Wylie

Enlightened
I just got a Koehler-Bright Star 4 AA Responder flashlight and the switch has failed within a months time? Anybody know if this is common or did I get a lemon? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
I haven't used mine extensively, but I've had it for about 1 1/2 months and no signs of failure in the switch.

Wylie

Enlightened
In the months time I have had mine it has been nice to have but the switch thing has turned out to be kind of strange. The switch has an intermittent short so the flashlight will not work when it is held with the beam level to the ground but when pointed at the ground the flashlight stays lit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I figure this is just my luck of the draw you know old Murphy I'm sure.

Blikbok

Enlightened
Even though my switch works, I'm not a big fan of it. Too little distance between momentary and on, too little pressure needed to lock it on. I must be spoiled by the SF's.
I haven't noticed any orientation-linked malfunctions, but I'll check.

Does it work head up?

Wylie

Enlightened
I have to agree the feel of the switch is not as positive as others I have used. It is more like an on/on switch then a push on push off type.
Yep that is the weird part of the switch problem I am having. If the flashlight is pointed at the floor it will light and as I move the beam of light upward at somewhere near the level point the flashlight will go out. If the flashlight is pointed upward it will not work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
I checked mine and I don't hear anything moving or rattling when I rotate it from up to horizontal to down. I remember when I put the EverLED in it, that the light/reflector assembly was quite "adjustable". I don't mean to insult you, but are we sure it's the switch?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch on mine was such a PITA to use, that it got tossed into the back of the closet LONG before it had a month's use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
After an email to both Koehler and Bright Guy Inc I have found both of them to be very customer oriented and they are willing to replace the flashlight. It was mailed the 5th.
I kind of thought the flashlight would make a nice little varmint night light for a gun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

The mailing costs and down time are not cool and I hope the next makes it more then a month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif