So, What did you get for black friday?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife woke up this morning to go and get some BF deals, I didn't went because I hate the crowds, yelling, running, pushing, etc. and decided to shop online instead :devil:

So far I got me a new electric razor (Panasonic 8243 Arc 4 nano $96 shipped from amazon) to replace my 4 year old panasonic that has worked flawlessly and some computer hardware, to upgrade the kid's computer from newegg.com

What have you scored during BF?

AlexGT

rudbwoy69camaro

Newly Enlightened
Home Depot. Zero crowd. Picked up two of the $50 LED pre-lit trees.
Disappointed though. When I was setting it up, the way they wired it didn't make sense. All jacked up and streched out between the branches. What were they smoking at the factory?!? NOT Quality-it was about quantity.

I've been eyeing those Noble Firs on Balsam Hill. Shoulda, woulda coulda...
I want one!

Wattnot

Enlightened
I went to Lowes and the Black Friday items I was after were gone . . . but they FINALLY had the Task Force 2C cell with the CREE and it was reduced to $25 so I finally got one of those! I guess the stores around here waited to sell all of the Luxeons before getting the Crees.

I got a late start but at my second Best Buy stop I managed to snag one of those Magellan 1212 GPS for eighty bucks! A gift for my son.

1dash1

Enlightened
2 x 2D MagLeds @ $14.97 each at Home Depot.

Fenix L0D @ $22.47 w/free delivery at Amazon. (Note: This special has been running through the month of November.)

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Nothing, zip, zilch, nada, zero. No way I get up in the wee hours of the AM to give somebody my money. Only way I'm up and out at 5AM is if I'm getting paid for it.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 10 this morning I went to Costco. Strangely deserted. The whole shopping center seemed prepared for much more crowd. In and out in 10 minutes with a 4th string of LED icicles, a Blast/L1T pack for a gift, plus milk and eggs.

Culhain

Enlightened
Only way I'm up and out at 5AM is if I'm getting paid for it.

I picked up an easy 8 hours OT shift courtesy of a Black Friday shopper. Then I just got home, opened a beer and logged in here, when the phone rang with the offer of another OT shift today. So, 16 hours of OT on Friday is my idea of a good deal.

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
Star Trek Pez @ 6 am but that was after several other stores.
Started out at 4:30 am.
startrek.jpg

JWP_EE

Enlightened
I went to Amazon and picked up an L0D with the Luxeon 3 emitter for half price. The output is about half of my Cree L0D. I get a lower low and the 30 lumen high is enough for me.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only saw one item that tempted me to brave the Black Friday crowds, the Garmin Nuvi 200 at Walmart for $97. But I really hate the crowds and such, so usually avoid the BF stuff like the plague. But as I was heading home from my night shift job Friday morning around 8, I noticed the Walmart parking lot was only about half full, so I stopped. Fortunately, it looks like everybody got a late start. So it wasn't too crowded and they actually had some Nuvi 200s left so I snagged one for myself and some extras for other people on my christmas list. I must have just missed the rush because in the 15 minutes or so I was in the store, the parking lot was packed when I came out and it was like running an obstacle course just getting out of the store.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Nothing, zip, zilch, nada, zero. No way I get up in the wee hours of the AM to give somebody my money. Only way I'm up and out at 5AM is if I'm getting paid for it.

Dude, some of the best times to ride in the summer is at like 5:00am, ditto hunting/fishing etc

But to go to the store? Nope - not unless it's picking up drugs for a sick child

concept0

Enlightened
Bought two 3D MagLEDs from Lowe's (online - I don't like to leave the house on Black Friday)

Got the $10 off $50 coupon emailed to me today, and bought five 3AA MagLEDs for a total of $45! Haven't picked them up yet, but my groomsman gifts are in the bag (so to speak).

I would still like some nice (and cheap) knives to supplement them... Some Kershaw Chives for $15 would be perfect!

gazz98

Newly Enlightened
Two 2D Maglite LED from Home Depot at $13.50 each. HD matches prices + additional 10% off. I wish they had the 3D ones.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went to Costco on Wed to pick up a Samsung 2253LW 21.5" LCD computer monitor, $199. They were sold out, so I hit a different Costco on Saturday. They were down to six left. Lucked out. No apparent stuck or dead pixels. No backlight bleed through around the edges, and no noise from the backlight driver when I turned the level down (all were complaints at newegg's reviews). 5ms (2ms GTG) TN panel with the usual viewing angle issues. No ghosting, blurring, or lag in games (Unreal Tourny 2004) that I noticed. Has a nice turntable swivel base that goes almost 360 from lock to lock. Also tilts, but no height adjustment (get a telelphone book if it's an issue). Simple model, no speakers or USB ports, just VGA and DVI inputs. Came with both cables !!! Has a built in power suppy so no brick on the floor. Has the threaded holes on the back for Vesa mounting. Running on just a Win Plug and Play driver right now. Will see what the mfg's website driver looks like tomorrow. Not the cheapest 22" LCD out there these days, but nice design and build quality for the money. Has a matte non reflective screen and a glossy bezel, but the bezel doesn't cause much trouble with reflections because it kind of dims them down like a car's night mirror. Oh, and 45 watts max. Sweet.

Last edited: