A new meaning for Black Friday

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black Friday has taken on a different meaning this year.

I just read a story that a temporary maintenance employee was trampled to death and 4 people were injured by bargain hunters this morning at a Long Island Wal-Mart.

:(

:candle:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Horrible, what have we come to.

I think there will be some changes in how Black Friday is handled next year.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
...and the shoppers continued walking by with their purchases, walking around the crime scene tape. :shakehead

spacer.gif

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wal Mart employee trampled

I read the story on YAHoo. People just don't care much anymore. Terrible.

Nanomiser

Enlightened
I wonder what Wal-Mart plans on doing for the people who were hurt and for the fallen temp security gaurds family? Accountability is about the only thing that will have a significant impact on their future conduct.

:shakehead

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I wonder what Wal-Mart plans on doing for the people who were hurt and for the fallen temp security gaurds family? Accountability is about the only thing that will have a significant impact on their future conduct.

:shakehead

Realistically speaking.... Wal-Mart will rely on their attorneys to handle the inevitable lawsuits that are going to be filed against the company.

That's pretty much all that they're going to do. After all, during the following few days after this happened; I don't recall a single news story involving upper Wal-Mart executives calling a press conference. Nope, nothing of the kind. No expressions of sorrow or outrage that someone working for them was killed in such a horrific way.

You know something is seriously wrong with society when companies can't even be bothered to pretend to care.