Definitive answer: holster for Millenium M2?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could I please get the latest definitive answer about THE best holster for a SF M2 Millenium, price, and where to get it?

Thanks very much.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that definitively speaking we have found that the only holster made for the M2 that allows bezel down carry in Kydex or concealex is made by Blade-tech and is not listed on the web catalog so you have to call or email them to inquire. There is a review of the M3 version of the holster by Kev-1 around here somewhere. Maybe someone could find and post the link. These are the best and really the only manufacturer making a hard shell bezel down carrier for the M2 (the Surefire holster only carries the light bezel up) at this time so yes, I think thats pretty definitive.

Several companies make soft nylon carriers like Spec-ops Brand and Special Operations Equipment, but I think they are pretty much fer the birds. I think tkl has the Spec-ops one maybe he'd post his thoughts.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I have a SOE holster and would suggest that it doesn't meet a definitive answer to holstering an M2.

Firstly lets look at the quality of construction; excellent, cant be faulted!The design, is IMHO, a problem. It does not allow for the use of filters or for non-standard tailcaps. Further, it also, unless adjusted very tightly, doesn't secure the bezel well enough. Experience indicates that in strenuous activity the strap securing the M2's bezel will slip and allow the M2 to be lost! I think this design fault could have been avoided by the use of some form of simple plastic bezel mould which would have prevented any possibility of the bezel strap slipping!

IMO the best holster for the M2 is Surefire's own. Although there is one of the plastic type that holds the M2 bezel up only, there is another one which will hold it either bezel up or down. I know because I have both of them here as I write this but I cant find the part no at the moment....perhaps Al Windler can help? At any rate although neither of these holster is IMHO ideal they are probably the best out there at the present time!

Doug

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found the thread with the bladetech holster review, this one was for the M3 but I know they make one for the M2 also and it is of the same configuration. The difference between these and the Surefire polymer sheaths is that they have a tension adjustment for inverted carry are deeper and protect more of the bezel and light, and they have the Tech-lok belt attachment which allows you to remove it from your belt without unbuckling everything or sliding stuff off. The Tech-lok also allows verticle and horizontal carry and attachment to other gear and is adjustable to the width of the belt or strap. The pricing is on the post.

Blade-Tech sheath thread

Hope it helps!

Later,

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
Hold on guys, you could still ask the kydex sheatmaker of your choice/trust to costum build one for you .That's what I did with this tiny lil' thing
image107.JPG
and a new one is already in developing status.
Custom build kydex holsters should be just about the same price than others but they are made to your specs...
Now that's what I call cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Holger

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holger,
What retains the light in that holster, it doesn't appear to have any form to capture the hexagonal bezel and what stops it at the bottom? Could you post some more pics of the internal and a side view. I am curious due to the fact that I make custom Kydex and concealex sheaths, I experimented with light carriers and have yet to find that a plain cylindrical form offers much retention without the light rocking back and forth in the holster.

Later,

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, no pics of the inside right now (due to the lack of a digicam). Here are two pictures of a M3 Holster he has made for a forummate from strategos board
image129.JPG

image126.JPG

As you can see, the light is just hold by (excellent) form fit. On my M2 holster there is an additional "nose" to prevent it from falling througth. Next step of evolution will be a slimmer design with the holster broadening just enough to accept the Hex-portion of the bezel.
If you need any more info, just contact me.
Holger

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
TSG:

Thanks for your feedback on Blade-Tech. I placed an order with them ($29.95) for an M2 holster and they said it'd be a couple weeks.

sotto

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sotto, absolutely no problem! I hope you enjoy the holster and let us know what you think of it when it comes, it helps everyone out when they can read your thoughts on products. I have heard only good things about the Blade-tech stuff.

Holger, thanks for the pics, they have given me inspiration to try, try again. I can see pretty much what I would like to try now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later,