Need a Bright Mag Sized Light

hivoltage

Enlightened
OK....New to the incandescents. I want something really bright in the Mag 3 cell host. What are my options and who on here has them for sale? I would rather buy one already built with quality parts.

Is there anything brighter than a Mag85? I need 1/2 hour of run time. Thanks

effulgentOne

Enlightened
with 9 NiMH (the most you can easily fit in a 3D), an 1185 is probably your best bet. If you got one bored, you could fit 12 AA NiMH, and run a wide variety of nice 12V bulbs. That would definitely be brighter, and give you a lot more options.

Don't know where you could buy something like that specifically. Things come up for sale occasionally, you could post a WTB in the appropriate forum. They're also not too hard to put together if you buy all the parts individually. Then you could customize it.

Last edited:

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
A simple easy upgrade is a ROP low with 7 eneloops. The bulb is a drop in to the stock mag holder and a battery pack from Five mega or MCDOD will get you up and running. Eneloops are available from COSTCO right now and are on sale for 20.00 with 8 aa bats and 3 aaa and charger and battery sleeves. The ROP bulbs are availble thru LIGHTHOUND and you get a high and low ROP. This is a very popular build and if you do some search here you will find a lot of info. Another option is to check out Pacific Tactical products and look at some of the great Wolf Eyes incans. especially the Rattlesnake which is high on my list as a great incan with two rechargeable 18650 batteries and the 450 lumen light module.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do yourself a favor,don't visit the link addictedmatt gave you.Since I found it I've purchased half the bulbs there off E-Bay,and I don't know which to build first.Damn you LuxLuther!
Christo_pull_hair.gif

photonhoer

Newly Enlightened
I also needed a turn-key VERY BRIGHT mag-format light. Three years ago I purchased a Borealis from Juan C. (http://www.blackbearflashlights.com/).

I have used it extensively in 4x4 travel, in finding safe river crossings at night, campsites, and in exploring caves and old mines. It is VERY bright, very well made, recharges easily, and is a terrific light. Runs for a solid hour on a charge (considerably longer with intermittent use).

Well worth the $$$.