Brightest And Smoothest 5mm Red LEDs

Bearcat

Enlightened
I'm looking for some red 5mm LEDs that are really bright without all those rings in the beam? Also where is the best place to get a good deal on them?

shortstack

Enlightened
just grind off the tip of the led and then put some clear fingernail pollish on it and it will disperse the light to a very wide angle, takes to "focus part" of it off..... assuming this is what you mean

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
you are probably better off with a red filter rather than a red led if you want a smooth beam

Bearcat

Enlightened
you are probably better off with a red filter rather than a red led if you want a smooth beam

Thanks that's a good suggestion, but I'm looking to put the LEDs in some Photon keychain lights. Maybe even in my old CS Freedom light, IF I can ever figure out how to remove the LED that seems like it's not to wanting to come out without me tearing up the whole light.:thinking:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The red Nichia CS are very bright and you can lightly sand the LED to smmoth out the beam

Bearcat

Enlightened
The red Nichia CS are very bright and you can lightly sand the LED to smmoth out the beam

Thanks, that's sounds good.

Does anyone know where I can order these red Nichia CS LEDs and some white Nichia DS & GS LEDs in small quantities at a reasonable price?

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know who sells them in small quantities but you can buy a bag of 100 from Nichia.

Latest posts