SF L1 Generations

samson722

Newly Enlightened
Need some help on this one, folks. School me on the difference between the 3 versions of the L1. I'd like to pick up a Cree L1, and I have a dealer that has a bunch of stock at his shop, but he is not a light guy. So, this means he won't know what the hell I'm talking about if I just start firing questions at him. Is there anything about the newest L1 that's a dead give-away? I know it has a shorter body, but without anything to compare it to, I'm not sure how to proceed. Pics, maybe? Thanks in advance.

samson722

Newly Enlightened
Well, that makes it a bit more complicated, then. I doubt he'd have something as old as a Gen 1. I was more concerned with telling the difference between the most recent generations, as I don't want to pick up a LuxIII L1 instead. Not that it is anything to sneeze at, but I would prefer the Cree. Thanks for the link. Very interesting.

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
As long as they're still in package, you won't have any trouble identifying the Cree model. The package has a sticker on the front pointing out the increased brightness and the outputs are rated at 65/10lm instead of about 20/1lm. If they're out of the package, the new ones have a flat glass window (lens) in front of an optic that looks rather like a reflector, the previous generation has a bubble-like convex window.

samson722

Newly Enlightened
As long as they're still in package, you won't have any trouble identifying the Cree model. The package has a sticker on the front pointing out the increased brightness and the outputs are rated at 65/10lm instead of about 20/1lm. If they're out of the package, the new ones have a flat glass window (lens) in front of an optic that looks rather like a reflector, the previous generation has a bubble-like convex window.
Perfect. Thank you, my friend. I'll update when I've picked something up.

Cheers!