Should I get the Dereelight C2H or the LF3XT?

OrlandoLights

Newly Enlightened
My GF asks what light I want for Christmas. I have been reading the posts about the C2H and LF2XT with a lot of interest. Perhaps interest is too neutral a word. They both look like very good lights. I have 2 Liteflux AAA lights, and really like that I can set them up for a really low low, so the UI is not a problem. I read the thread about the warm beams of the W60 vs the Dereelight drop-ins, and if I am reading it right, it seems like the C2H would have a nice warm tint. But then the LF2XT seems to have a great beam too, just more blue in tint.

I brought up problems with Li-ion batteries recently here, and got some good information about the precautions to take, but it is a long list, so I am thinking I will get AW's IMR16340 batteries since they are said to be a safer chemistry (though I never saw any actual statistics on safety of Li-ion batteries). The high-drain IMR's are probably a better match for the C2H, but the LF2XT has a protection circuit, so the IMR's would work, just might not have the capacity of the regular 123 batteries. Since I don't use lights for long periods at a time, I doubt that is an issue.

So am I thinking realistically about the pros and cons of these two lights? Am I overlooking something? Which one would you go with? Thanks for any help.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got both recently and if I had to choose between them I'd go for the LF3XT unless I just needed blazing bright. I tend to like lights that are programmable and built well. I'll say the Liteflux looks higher quality inside with respect to the PCB and springs and so on that you can see when it's opened for a battery change. The C2H is a nice quality but it's hard to top a Liteflux for detail work and the sheer sophistication of their circuitry in this light probably puts it at the very top of the ladder in that respect. It's also got one of the best beams I've seen come out of a Cree based light. In fact it is as good as or better than some of the beams from the best Seoul SSC P4 LED based lights. It's a fun light too if you like to have something to keep you busy for a while. The C2H on the other hand is going to out throw the LF3XT with it's smooth reflector for sure. The switch on the LF3XT is dream smooth compared to almost ANY other light. The C2H switch is a heavy and loud clunk. IMO they are both keepers but the LF3XT has generated some serious excitement for me.

Optik49

Enlightened
Who are the best dealers to order from for Dereelight and Liteflux for the US?

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure about Dereelight, but get your LightFlux from EliteLED.COM. He is the US distributer and will give you lightening fast service.
I am thrilled with the LF3XT. It is hard to imagine that this light cost only $65 with priority mail shipping and produces a beam that is as good as a Novatac costing much more. It is a great light in almost every way. I only wish there were a clip for it.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
For the Dereelight in the US, check FlashCrazy. He is in the Dealer Corner. He has really fast shipping and will take care of you.

Last edited:

JSG

Newly Enlightened
My vote would be for the LiteFlux LF3 XT. More versatile.