Typhoon H2X problem?

ColtRifle

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought an Insight H2x Typhoon 2 light. Works great....except for one thing.

The manual says that when the batteries start to die, the light will blink twice every 15 seconds or so while running.

My flashlight has been blinking twice with brand new batteries. I can't get it to quit. As soon as I put new batteries in, I can run it for about 20 seconds and it blinks twice every time. I've tried numerous sets of batteries and also tested the batteries to make sure that they were good. Each battery tested was running in the area of 2.85 volts up to 3.12 volts. The batteries are BatteryStation brand. I have not tried another brand yet but have some Rayovacs ordered to use.

It's getting very irritating. I don't mind it blinking when the battery is about dead but the batteries that I have put in start doing it immediately.

Any ideas? Do I have a problem with my light?

When I got the light, it seemed to work fine. I used it a lot and eventually I started noticing a little blink. I replaced the batteries with the BatteryStation brand batts and that's when I started noticing it.

The light is extremely bright even with the little blink so the batteries aren't about to die.

Last edited:

ColtRifle

Newly Enlightened
Maybe I've got some weak batteries. I have had them for about 5 years now...but they should still be good.

What I don't understand is that the batteries are plenty bright in the light.

For those who have the Typhoon, any idea how much run time you are getting off your Typhoon before it starts blinking?

Also, can I disable the low battery feature? It's not bad but it's annoying.

When I got the light, it came with Duracell batts. It worked great for awhile with no blinking. Then one day, it started blinking but the light was still extremely bright. Actually no noticeable dimming.

I think the blink is a neat feature IF it would wait a little longer before doing it.

Last edited: