Olight T-25 switch removal tips?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been trying to remove the switch from the tailcap to replace the rubber boot with the glow in the dark one. I've tried with needle-nose pliers and it bent the pliers, I've tried with small scissors but it just wont turn. Are there any tips for removing these when stuck? Alternatively, a spare clicky is an option but I can only find the remote switches for sale. I've just used Olight's contact page to ask them about a spare, but I got an error messege so I don't know if they'll recieve it.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
if thepliers bent then the taicap ring is glued?

Possible I suppose, but they include a replacement rubber cover with the torch, and removing the switch mechanism is the only way to replace it. Is it normal to use some kind of glue on a removable part?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's ok, I did it. It was just a matter of gritting my teeth and applying a little more force than I was comfortable with. Once it cracked, it came out easily. Thanks for the reply kosPap.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
I don't think they have glued the retaining ring, unless it was by accident. It is designed to be removed for rubber boot/switch replacement.

I suspect it has been screwed in overly tight at the factory. My Nitecore Defender was a little like that. Needlenose pliers wouldn't touch it. Had to to use 2 nails gripped in pliers.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect it has been screwed in overly tight at the factory. My Nitecore Defender was a little like that. Needlenose pliers wouldn't touch it. Had to to use 2 nails gripped in pliers.

Yep, a quality pair of nail scissors and some brute force shifted it. I was worried about damaging it but it's fine, and now has the glowing rubber boot fitted. :)