Mag question

revs

Newly Enlightened
Okay. Hope you guys can answer this. A co-worker says he wants a Mag 8D flashlight. I tell him they don't exist. Who is correct? I have searched high and low online for them. I can't find anything on them. No website, no mention in a forum. Nothing.

Thanks all.

toolpig1

Enlightened
If you happen to find out why anyone would actually want a flashlight long enough to stack 8 D cells end to end, let us know. I'm sure whoever reads this is scratching their head.

willrx

Enlightened
Largest production D cell Mag was 7D pictured here (right) next to a 6D.
MagsOldvs.New002.jpg

VillageIdiot

Newly Enlightened
I would have a 10D for shits and giggles. I can understand the process of shortening, but making them longer?

georget98

Enlightened
I don't think it was a Mag, but I seem to remember someone posting pictures of a 12-D light here. Maybe a Kel-Light.

My longest light is a 2-C Mag I bought for a 3 x 123 conversion.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You can get a 7D and used a 1D extension.

I don't think Mag ever made lights with more then 7 batteries.

DocD

Enlightened
just for fun using Fivemega 3 diffrent sizes extensions with a 6d you end up with a 9D stop my work mate in there tracks run to a AW soft start and 9 ni-hm 1.2v good for a laugh:)

cougar_67

Newly Enlightened
I think the bigger question would be why does he want an 8D light in the first place.
Most likely it's because he wants a brighter, more powerful beam.
Why don't you introduce him to a 3 or 4D Mag with a drop-in? Either incan or LED, I would bet that with a little work you could put together a real "barn burner" in a much more manageable package. While you're at it, show him some pics of some of the external mods that CPFers are putting out. Or leave the exterior stock for a "sleeper".

Steve

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck, introduce him to the 'humble' ROP and watch him get totally blown away. Even a Magcharger would be a solid upgrade from a 6D alkaline mag, as the batteries should always be fresh when you go to use it.

... Alternately, suggest a good pocket light and a collapsible baton. Much more concealable.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay. Hope you guys can answer this. A co-worker says he wants a Mag 8D flashlight. I tell him they don't exist. Who is correct? I have searched high and low online for them. I can't find anything on them. No website, no mention in a forum. Nothing.

Thanks all.

Any chance he was just poking fun at you for your flashlight hobby? We are so misunderstood :)

revs

Newly Enlightened
He is serious. He has a 3D in his work truck right now. He wants the 8D to be different. I showed him my 2D with a P4 and he still wants the 8D. Although, he did buy a LED upgrade from NiteIze, I think that is the one.

I have tried talking him into letting me take it and either putting in a P4 or making a Mag86 or Mag623 out of it.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW's 10-D light w/3-inch head beats them all down!

No no no:tsk:, now don't forget about my 10-D RayOvac Sportsmen with 4.5 inch Head:faint:! Last I checked FM didn't sell 88mm extensions:shrug:. Tell me if I'm wrong but could you not buy 3x88mm and 1x 34mm to make a 12-D Mag:devil:! I would say the $54 price tag would be well worth it:whistle:! Though I wish he could make me a longer extension from like another 6-D to save some money :broke: I would just have to figure out what bulb to run:eek:!? When people go out and buy multiple SF M6s this doesn't seem so crazy anymore:sssh:.

revs

Newly Enlightened
I asked again why he wants such a long light and this is his quote, "If someone was messing with your rig in a truck stop and you stepped out with that long light they might turn and run." I know they would run if I stepped out with my Glock.

And they would run into things if you hit em in the face with a ROP or other Incan Mag mod.

revs

Newly Enlightened
Just need time to make a ROP and I will show him. Maybe he will want one.:)

Latest posts