Lumapower LM33 Help

brianlite

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

I am contemplating purchase of a lumapower LM33 from batteryjunction.
I like the simple two stage operation and small size. I plan to use the light for camping/backpacking. The main concern is reliability... I need something I can depend on...

Any opinions on the reliability / ruggedness of this light? Is it waterproof?

Thanks,

Brian

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received an LM33 today and it looks a decent light. The O rings don't provide as much resistance when tightening the head or tailcap as say a Fenix or Olight.

One interesting thing I noticed and didn't expect - When turning the light on you do the usual full press for on which brings you to low mode. If you want high mode, you don't half press as per other brands - you have to full press to get high, then another full press for off.

Just something that I haven't seen on other lights.

Cheap enough thou - I bought mine for a 'secret santa' gift.

Good luck.

James....

Last edited:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to mention, think of it as similar quality to a Fenix but with a much better and more positive feeling clicky (but it is louder).

James...

gunga

Flashaholic
The light uses 2 stage resistored tailcap. It's also a reverse clicky. The circuitry is pretty basic and bomb-proof. No fancy modes or anything.

You can also get a forward click from Lumapower (maybe battery junction) but you lose the low mode.

Overall, a nice simple light with a great floody beam. The seoul emitter in this one doesn't throw super far, but it is a super smooth beam. No cree ring here.

It also functions properly with rechargables (3.7V RCR123s).

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one I've used for camping, and it's a good light, though I don't know how waterproof it will turn out to be. I actually prefer the LM31, which takes an AA battery, because the low is slightly lower, and runs alot longer (like 17 hours on a lithium primary) than the LM33 (4 or 8 hours depending on which specs you read).

The great points about the LM33 and 31 are: 1) nice, smooth floody, rather than spot beam; 2) adequately bright; 3) simple, reliable interface: no programming, silly sos or disco strobe; 4) good quality; 5) great price.

Khabbi

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine today from batteryjunction, nice light for the price. I must admit that I thought it was going to be brighter, but I might have a bad battery... they claim up to 80 lumens, but this isn't quite as bright as my 60 lumen surefire...

Doesn anyone know how to change the tailcap to the glow in the dark one? No instructions on how to do this, and it really isn't a straight forward swap... I don't want to mess anything up!!

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine today from batteryjunction, nice light for the price. I must admit that I thought it was going to be brighter, but I might have a bad battery... they claim up to 80 lumens, but this isn't quite as bright as my 60 lumen surefire...

Doesn anyone know how to change the tailcap to the glow in the dark one? No instructions on how to do this, and it really isn't a straight forward swap... I don't want to mess anything up!!

Inside the tailcap you should find a plastic ring with two holes in it. Insert pointy tweezers or needle-nose pliers into the holes and unscrew the ring to liberate the switch assembly.