28-November, the last day of my L1DCE

IHA

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys,

1 year and 9 months ago I got my first light, a Fenix L1D CE. This one has been my EDC since then, but suddenly the last night, I was going to turn my light on at night and the light was clearly dead. I have used alcohol to clean the contacts, put new batteries inside, etc... but the lights remains dead. Does anybody know if I can try any other 'trick': Pics to come.

Thanks,

Antonio

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Is the tailcap loose? Tightening it might fix it.

If your in the US, you can also contact Fenix Store to see what they can do for you.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys,

1 year and 9 months ago I got my first light, a Fenix L1D CE. This one has been my EDC since then, but suddenly the last night, I was going to turn my light on at night and the light was clearly dead. I have used alcohol to clean the contacts, put new batteries inside, etc... but the lights remains dead. Does anybody know if I can try any other 'trick': Pics to come.

Thanks,

Antonio

Actually, the most common problem with the Fenix LxD lights that I received has been that the switch pill in the tail cap is insufficiently screwed in to the tail cap. Take a needle nose and insert both tips into the two dimples in the switch pill inside the tail cap and see if you can rotate the pill farther into the tail cap. Worked every time for me.

IHA

Newly Enlightened
I have checked the tailcap and seems like it is tight enough. I have used a pair of wires to connect the head directly to a battery. Dead :(

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix store will do you wonders.
if you look at the LED itself, can you see any weirdness?

bluecrow76

Enlightened
If FenixStore or Fenix don't have any suggestions, you could remove the pill and check the emitter directly. This might be a good time to start modding! If the driver is dead, you could replace it with many different types of drivers.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the driver fail on me twice in L2D-CE. Not the threads, not the tailcap but the driver.

Once 2 weeks after purchase and the exchanged unit last a full year until it too failed in the same or even weirder manner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIovPVuBHYc

I wonder if the latest generation of Fenix is the same thing with superficial changes or if they made serious updates to the very obvious bugs. Fenix is not to be relied upon, plain and simple, as a disposable lite.

Really tempted to get EagleTac 2xAA lite with 'real' 180 lumens but will wait for a while until reports of its reliability come in. If it's the same thing as Fenix quality-wise, won't get it.