McLux Options and Accessories

Saaby

Flashaholic
Heavens yes...

Swap the McFlood for NX05? Optics. The tailcap end has a 1/4" tap which just happens to be the same size camera tripods use, it'll take Arc heads (with an spacer) and Surefire E-Series heads right out of the box...

the posabilities are endless. Many of them start at www.berkeleypoint.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
What Saaby said....

And there'e more goodies on the way! In fact, I'm currently working on a personal (can loan it if you want) nose trimmer that will mount in one of the 1/4"x20 threaded ports. With this handy device you can illuminate one nostril while the other is being trimmed! The trimmer will have its own 3 mm LED in the center. Not that you could watch the trimmer cutting but the nostril glow will be a great selling point!

There are some other, more mundane, but useful accessories in the works.

- Don

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Don,

Is the trimmer a turbo model cause I can get a a turbo one from The Sharper Image? I think theirs is v2.0 which makes me wonder what was wrong with previous model. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

On the other hand, I'm not sure that I'd want to put anything 'Turbo' in my nose. The spinning and the whirring noise kinda scare me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got Darell to drop by today (wohooo), and man, all I can say is, looking at it right now, the light is so "flexible"... NX05, Swap heads with a BB750, UBH on 2AAs, 2CR123 extender, E1/KL1/Arc head exchange, you name it...

Too sweet!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Jeff,

Hard to type with all the blood running out of my nose onto the keyboards....... Maybe the nose trimmer isn't ready for market yet.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Turbo? Maybe it isn't electric and actually uses a turbo? Perhaps a good sneeze drives one rotor while it in turn drives a cutting rotor? Black pepper included?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
don!

you promised you wouldn't work on the nose trimmer untill you had my toenail clipper worked out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Now that the McLux's are hitting the streets, what options are available for them? Anything user-replacable with the optics, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just ignore Don. We lost his meds last night. He'll be OK soon.

What's replacable on the McLux? What isn't??? Actually the only things that aren't replacable (on the TK) are the LED, and the BB. Everything else is removable/swappable/replacable. Go at it. The DIY units can be made 100% changable, but Leo glued the goodies into the heads of the TKs for your protection. :)

Darell

Flashaholic
They WILL be, yes. When, we're not so sure. Don/Wayne/Roger will have a better handle on that. When Don gets the bleeding under control maybe he can answer.

Empath

Flashaholic
Darell, I can't find a forum that's a cross between Cafe and Mod. I don't even know what's serious and what isn't. Do you think the Mod group would be the better place for it?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
...... I don't even know what's serious and what isn't......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

How about New Stuf Forum? There's no moderators there and I can stay off my meds............ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BACK TO TOPIC.

The accessory side of the McLux is just beginning to be explored. With multiple attachment points and an open architecture, this thing is a work in progress that can be evolved by the collective group here.

- Don

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Well, after swapping between the McFlood, NX-05 and NX-01 optics, I've determined the OEM McFlood is what's going to live on my McLux's. There is just no beating that wide (flood) beam. I have many other lights that throw a beam if I need to.