• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale: 525,000 Lumens Monster 60" Carbon Arc Anti-Aircraft light from WWII

BVH

Flashaholic
SOLD

I'm putting my Baby up for sale. It's time to move on to other things in life. Sales Price is $21,000. Sale price is now $15,000. Read all about it here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/170556 (beam shots by JetskiMark on first page of linked thread)

60inchforsalepic.jpg

I paid $20,000 for the light, genset and trailer. I've since purchased a $1,500 new-old stock electric control box that controls all the rod feed mechanisms. I have $1,600 worth of original 1940/1950's National Carbon rods unopened in their sawdust-filled tin cans. The engine has been completely tuned up and runs perfectly. It will idle smoothly at 300 RPM! If you've ever thought of owning one of these historic pieces, this is the one to own. The mirror - which is critical to light output, is an "8" on the "10" scale - almost impossible to find! This is the second-best - originally configured (separate light and genset on their original dollies) light rig in the world - I kid you not. The BEST light belongs to the other "Bob" and will be donated to a museum when he tires of it. And of course, I'd enjoy training you how to operate it and on how it works. The unit weighs around 8,500 pounds.

PM me for my phone number if you want more info.

I would be willing to deliver it for the cost of fuel pending the distance from Burbank, CA. (Within 100 miles would be free)

Last edited:

BMF

Enlightened
Re: For Sale: 525,000 Lumens Monster 60" Carbon Arc Anti-Aircraft light from WWII

WOW, I wish I have the money. I got to buy more lottery tickets ...

marcoc

Newly Enlightened
Re: For Sale: 525,000 Lumens Monster 60" Carbon Arc Anti-Aircraft light from WWII

Now that is a Light! LEDs step aside! I'm tempted to request for beam shot pics! Ok...obviously I'm not buying but I would think most people here would like to see some pics of this working at night.

BVH

Flashaholic

There are some very good beam shots by JetskiMark on the first page of the linked thread. And, of course, my avatar

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

That thing is beyond cool, but besides grand openings or movie premieres, what did you use it for exactly?

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Setting a neighbor's house on fire? :laughing:

Fuhgetaboudit

Enlightened

Damn Nice Light!

I bet "Milky" would crap if I shipped that for him to modify!!

Man that is a beauty!

BVH

Flashaholic

Most of my jobs were for night clubs, midnight madness new car sales, openings of new restaurants and a few Christmas live nativity drive-thru's.

toby_pra

Flashaholic

WOW duuuuddddddeeeeeee.....thats one of the bigger one's:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Good luck with your sale my friend! :grin2:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

Have you ever used it for deer spotting!?! :devil:

That must really be a kick to show up with at some of the events you've done! :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is it brighter than my Dorcy 1AAA LED light? Mine's gen. 2, with the optic, so it might be close...:whistle:

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened

Does It come with a pocket clip?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

how about runtimes and tint?:whistle:

but seriously, that has got to be the coolest thing I've seen since becoming a flashaholic! Good luck with the sale!

Dan

BTW, I've emailed a link to all my friends in hopes that they will collectively go in together to buy this for me for Christmas:grin2:

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened

WOW! Are there any legal issues with using that, or are you free to just blast away at the night sky?

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder how much shipping to overseas will be :p:p:p

Taboot

Enlightened

Lumens Factory has the new EO-CA60 for it too.:laughing:

donn_

Flashaholic

I'm checking Surplus Shed for a 1,524 millimeter aspheric!