Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Surefire E1B

Votes: 49 17.6%
  • LiteFlux LF3XT

Votes: 17 6.1%

• Total voters

sappyg

Enlightened
with all the existing and new releases of flashlights i thought this would be a good topic. i don't think this flashlight should be limited by only being released in 08'. it could be any light that you think is worthy of the title of FLASHLIGHT OF THE YEAR. it could be any light but, it should be a light that has more than just limited or one off production and available to the general public. further, you should make the case for your choice.
my choice:
that's a tuffy.... i think the SF g2 is the light of the year. it's an affordable light, widely available, and can accept LA's and drop ins too numerous to mention. also, it's requires no firmware/ software tha complicates its use. it may not be a perfect light but i can honestly say that i can find no fault with it.
what's your pic?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
My knowledge is limited, but my vote goes to the Nitecore D10.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Muyshondt Aeon.

Small, great runtimes, useful low setting, and a kickass hibeam!!!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on the OP's criteria:
it should be a light that has more than just limited or one off production and available to the general public
I'd say the EX10. If I could choose ANY light though, I'd say the 2nd generation LunaSol 20.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first, I was thinking it was the Fenix L2D/L1D/P2D Q5, but I think the flashlight of the year should be the Fenix E01. It takes alkalines, lithiums, and NiMH batteries. It is very efficient. It lasts a long time on 1AAA battery at a useful brightness for most tasks. It comes in a variety of colors. It has a reliable twisty switch and is hard anodized. Most importantly, it's only $12.50. For a flashlight so small, it's about the only one cheap enough to replace immediately if lost. It's also cheap enough to give away as a gift while being small enough for people to actually edc. So far, I have four family members and friends that edc an EO1 that didn't carry a flashlight before. This light can get normal nonflashoholics to edc lights and is cheap enough to not make them embarrassed at how much was spent on it. If I tell someone what a Fenix L2D costs, they tell me I'm crazy. If I tell them what an EO1 costs, they ask me where I got it. The average person isn't spoiled when it comes to brightness. They are used to a dim light or none at all. The EO1 gives reliability, runtime, and good brightness for most uses in the smallest package possible for a normal (cheap) alkaline battery. The EO1 is like a gateway drug to becoming a flashaholic.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say: JETBeam Jet-III Pro I.B.S.

I really like my Jet-III Pro. The UI is really great you have three modes that can be indiviually modified in brightness and function. With the 18650 the runtime is really great and with the optional SS reatiningring it's a great flashlight.

In my opinion the best flashlight of all times is a modded Maglite:
  • you can mod it like you want
  • available in many different battery combinations
  • available in many different colors
  • there is lots of accessory made for it
  • not very expensive
rayman

Agent_Jaws

Newly Enlightened
Gene Malkoff :thumbsup:

+1

My M60L is the most impressive light or light accessory that I have encountered in the last year.

Aside from that, Fenix TK10 as my other lights aren't "new" per se and I bought them all in 2007 or before.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup ..... I would have to say the Nitecore PD range (D10/20 + EX10)

This thread should have a POLL so we can all vote :poke:

concept0

Enlightened
I had no idea that the Nitecore PD line was so popular!

Does anyone own the Golden Dragon Plus models? Which do you prefer (GDP or CREE)?

I know there are threads comparing the two, but I'm just looking for personal preferences...

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old G2 is still one of my favorite lights and I bought a 2nd one this year, but I'm going to vote for Zebralight's H30. If a headlight doesn't qualify, then put down another vote for the EX10.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are the 2008 nominees in my opinion:

- Muyshondt Aeon

- SureFire E2DL

- EagleTac T10C2

- Wolf-Eyes Sniper-P7

- Dereelight DBS MC-E