KL4, KL5, KL6, KL7

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Has anybody seen a prototype?

I ordered Surefire's printed catalog, and they have pictures of them in the catalog. I do not think any of them are commercialy available yet, but the catalog said to expect to see a 5w LED in the 9 volt series with an output of 80 - 100 lumens in 2003 ... can't wait.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Proto-types were on show at the SHOT Show 2003 in Orlando and at the IWA show in Germany and the NRA show.

I saw them when I visited the SHOT Show and PK at SureFire in Cali. They are the first LED's that I know can replace bulbs for more than just close-up illumination.

SureFire are not releasing much more information other than in the 2003 catalog. No release dates have been released. No specifications have been released. No prices have been released. No 5W Luxeon Bezels have been released.

I suggest you ask your dealer to put you down for a pre-order as soon as he gets word that pre-orders can be taken.

Al

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Following the 2003 SF PDF file the KL5 is supposed to go on 2 and 3 cell standard sized models - like the 6P & 9P, M2, D2 & D3, C2 & C3, Z2 and Z3 - you get the idea - so I think the same voltage range and models like the KL3 was designed for.

Just my 2 €cents reading the catalog file

Klaus