11836 drop in for Surefire G2

naicidrac

Newly Enlightened
I just received my 11836 from dx for my surefire G2. Well first off it will not fit right into my G2 so it looks like it might need a little custom dremel work, but what worries me is when I touch it to the brand new batteries the LED does not turn on. AM I missing something, the stock P60 bulb fires right up after making contact with the batteries. Thanks for the help. Could it be a defective bulb and is it a goat rope to get a replacement from HongKong?

rockz4532

Enlightened
I just received my 11836 from dx for my surefire G2. Well first off it will not fit right into my G2 so it looks like it might need a little custom dremel work, but what worries me is when I touch it to the brand new batteries the LED does not turn on. AM I missing something, the stock P60 bulb fires right up after making contact with the batteries. Thanks for the help. Could it be a defective bulb and is it a goat rope to get a replacement from HongKong?
it is easy to get a replacement from DX, but it takes a month to do so.

LumenMan

Enlightened
If you remove the large spring the drop in should fit in your G2 perfectly. This will also improve contact with the metal sleeve in the G2 body.