Inretech 20 led adapter

Eric S

Newly Enlightened
Has any one tried one of the 20 led white adapters from Inretech? If so, what your opinion on it.

Eric

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
craig checked one out a while ago...though the lazy bum has yet to post a review /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
We designed that 20x LED board for the UV and IR products, and then we tried populating it with KingBright and Yoldal White LEDs; but the output was disapointing compared to our TriLight products which use 3 1w Luxeons

Let us please remember Craig's condition, he just had MAJOR Brain surgery a few months ago, he has vision problems and is not able to "crank out" the reviews as he has done so in the past.

I had my friend local to him call 911 several times to check on him when things didn't look right

I think its amazing the type of work that Craig is able to do for www.ledmuseum.org and Candlepowerforums.com, but let us have patience with him; he doesn't have a steady source of income

I think it would be better for us here at CPF to support him

When he was in the hospital, INRETECH auctioned off our FIRST TRILIGHT and gave the money to the Craig-Fund

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
INRETECH said:
Let us please remember Craig's condition, he just had MAJOR Brain surgery a few months ago, he has vision problems and is not able to "crank out" the reviews as he has done so in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mike,

I really do appreciate your patience & understanding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I have the 20 LED violet (NUV) board, which I'll get on the website soon. But I don't have (and haven't seen) either white one, so I can't help in this particular topic too much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please take your time - no hurry

Do you still have that FL ink pen that I got for you from Leo ?

The MC-WHITE is a very nice adapter, I guess that the problem is - it just doesn't "hold a candle" to the light output of the TriLight, or maybe - I am "spoiled"

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i just like giving craig a hard time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'm very excited about this product though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Craig needs our support, not "hard time"

Its normal practice for us to let Craig get "first crack" at any of our new products

If you are interested in the MC-WHITE, contact us via our normal [email protected]; and maybe we can work out something

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just got the 20-LED adapter in white, using what I believe are Kingbright LEDs.
See a very early page I made for it here if you're interested.

I'm still waiting for the sun to go down here, so I haven't really gotten a chance to play with it in the dark yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shipinretech

Enlightened
Rothrandir,

The 20 LED light is nothing you want to stare at, but it is not as bright as the TRILIGHT that also runs in 3C/D cell flashlights. It is a very reasonable light and it will probably run a heck of a long time since it is not using nearly the power.

One of the spiffy things about this flashlight is that it is running the LEDs at their rated power. The 5mm LED is an indicator light package and not designed to dissipate the heat buildup of higher power levels. Many other competing products drive the same package more than three times as hard as it is supposed to. What that means is that instead of 1,000 hours of life, our adapter should work for 100,000 hours of life.

If you get this adapter and run it for eight hours every day for the next thirty-six YEARS, you will need to think about replacing it. Many competing products are unlikely to last four MONTHS at the same loading.

I hope that is what you find exciting about this product. We try to make products that will provide you with lasting value.