Are you flashy or practical...

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
when it comes to the light(s) you carry in your backpack/man purse/purse/briefcase/handbag? I myself prefer to be more on the practical side. My backpack lights are a Petzl Tikka and a E2e w/MN02 LA. I view runtime as the primary factor in determining what's in my everyday kit. I know there are longer running options than my E2e but I like incans.

Whats your Monday through Friday light(s)?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with practical.

Fenix E01 on the keychain, Fenix L0D Q4 in my coin pocket.

I currently have a NiteIze LED equipped minimag in my laptop bag, but I am being assigned to a new project location in the new year that will involve a 10 minute walk each way to/from the bus stop.

I plan on putting a better light in my bag...likely something CR123 based.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my person, I have and EX10, and usually one of 2 modded KL4 lights.

As for the Backpack...L2/Aleph III hybrid, Surefire Aviator with Aviatrix and Strion Kit, and I'll almost always throw a few more in there depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

D-Dog

Enlightened
Very practical...

Right now I still carry the Jil Intelli from two years ago everyday in my left jeans pocket (actually its clipped on to the outside but close enough :p). This is hopefully to be complimented soon by an Olight M20 :)

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am practical these days. I EDC a Nautilus due to its size and I carry a Fenix E01 as a long running back up. I love many of my other lights but I pocket carry and I like having a small light for that reason. I do show some love to my other lights especially in the winter where a jacket adds more room to carry things but on me I carry a light that is small, bright and has great runtimes.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Recently I have been sort of flashy; that since I purchased a Mr Bulk SS DragonHeart. My god, it is so georgous.

Bill

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately I've taken to carrying the D10 and E02 around in my pockets. When I go out, I also have a Minmag with a Terralux (30 lumens I think) on my keys.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately I carry a Fenix LOD or a NC EX10 on my person and a SF G2 in my coat pocket.I also like the advantages of incan outdoors.:D Oh BTW I would say I'm practical.

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't really know but I think a little bit more practical.
When I have a backpack with me I always take my Jet-III Pro with me and sometimes even my 2D P7 Maglite. Else I always carry my EX10 with me (and next year a Raw NS :D).

rayman

sappyg

Enlightened
maybe both. today it's and e2e in a LH holster and a d10 in RH front pocket. both are flashy and practical in my book. :twothumbs

Alan_P

Newly Enlightened
A little of each. I carry two keyrings with a Aeon one one and a Drake on the other. The Aeon is practical. The drake is flashy and practical.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm flashy, If I only needed light to actually do things I could get buy with a 5mm LED on my key chain "though it's there if needed". I EDC belt carry my EDC-P7, and it's far from practical, but at least I finally found out what everyone meant when they said you could have to much light:shakehead! You know similar power out of an Incan seems Ok, but from a LED it's got this weird blinding affect:confused:, if I shine it on anything within say 5 feet I end up with one of those purple / blue spots blocking out the middle of my vision so I have to sort of see things from the corner of my eye:ohgeez::whistle:. Hay I finally got a uselessly bright light:thumbsup:, and that's what I've been after. The way I see it you start of struggling to see things with dim lights, move up to good lights that shows you everything "but your not content because you know there's more out there:D" so you get a light that blinds you when you use it "so your back to struggling to see things at night:ohgeez:". I guess the next step is getting a multilevel light to work during every circumstance "though I'm not there yet:eek:".

Last edited:

jag808808

Enlightened
LunaSol 27 2AA clicky in my holster, Nitecore D10 back pocket, Fenix E01 on keys, and Fenix E01 on lanyard around my neck. I do alot of work in the ceiling, floors, under furniture, and in racks. Having multiple lights is better than carrying extra batteries... That is my Monday through Friday.

Aloha,

jag

naked2

Enlightened
EX10 in a P2D holster on my belt with a spare cell in a Tools Aviation single (custom) 123 holder in my jeans pocket; a TK10 in an UltraFire 501 holster with a spare set of cells in a plastic waterproof match holder in my glovebox; a P10C in its holster with two spare cells in a (also custom) Tools Aviation 2x 123 holder in the center console (when I'm not working).

When I'm working (electrician), I switch out the EX10 with an Olight T15 Q5 '08 bored for 17500s in a P3D holster with a spare cell in a custom (shortened) chrome plated brass waterproof match holder (when I'm not wearing my tool bags, which is as often as possible, as when I am wearing them, I'm working hard! :sigh:). In my tool bags there's a pocket where either an UltraFire 501B w/18650 w/one of various drop-ins or a TrustFire TR-801 Q5 resides (whichever one I'm not currently using for something else! :rolleyes:), with a spare cell (for either) in another plastic match holder (I've got about a dozen of them, only 89 cents :thumbsup: at WalMart!).

Not to mention many other lighs at home on deck waiting to replace one of the above at a moment's notice! :D

So pretty much I'd say I'm practical; maybe I'll add a Russtang Ti bezel to my Ex10 for a little flash! :cool:

Per Arne

Enlightened
I try to keep at least 2 lights on me at all times outside the house, SureFire E1B Backup LED and one incan...

At the moment my incan is an SureFire G2 with Z44-BK Bezel and Z59-BK Clicky switch with High Output Lumens Factory (EO-6) or SureFire lamp (P61)...

Did use LeefGear 1x 18650 with Lumens Factory EO-4 3.7V lamp for a while but don't trust the rechargeable battery when needed... :(

The perfect incan light would have been my SureFire E2-HA with a mouthpiece, like the Bite-a-Lite AA... :whistle:

PA

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
At work, I'm fairly flashy with my Milky/Leef Gotham, which I use every day for work. For casual, I'm practical, but err on the side of carrying enough light to knock down a charging elephant. Casual EDC is a E2DL, E1B, Milky-ized Seoul-mated HDS U60GT+2x123 ext. tube, and usually my SF M6+MN21. My keys always have the NiteCore EX10-GD on them.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashily practical. E01 on my keychain, Romisen RC-C3 clipped to my pocket with 2xCR123 spare primaries in my bag (will be replaced with 2xRCR 3.6v in the future), Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST in my bag as well.

Without a bag will be, E01 on keychain, Romisen RC-C3 clipped to pocket, Jetbeam Jet I Mk II in holster on right side of belt (with shirt tucked out), Gerber Suspension on left side of belt.

Without the shirt tucked out, my wife says i need a utility belt like Batman (as i have my Nokia E51 in a case on my belt too)