Bad D10

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I ordered a D10 last week and it arrived last night. My first EDC upgrade in quite a while (since the L1D first came out), and the light appears to be defective out of the box.

While running on the highest brightness setting on a fresh NiMH, the light flickered and turned off after only a minute or two of running. It did this two or three times on different batteries. Finally, it ran for around 20 minutes before shutting off, but after this run, it will not turn on at all, on any battery. I've tried "known good" NiMH cells as well as fresh from the package alkalines.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I sent an email to 4Sevens, from whom I bought it, and I have no doubt he will make it right. But this leaves a bad taste in my mouth for what is (for me) a new brand of light. I'm wondering if I should just get the latest Fenix and stick with what I know works, rather than chase the improved form factor and functionality that the D10 promises, if it would work.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO you should try one more before giving up on it. They're really nice!

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately, there has been numerous threads complaining of a number of varied problems with the D10. It is probably true that a complex light such as the D10 has more to go wrong with it than a Fenix but a fully functioning D10 is a good light.

I would perservere and get a replacement if the one you have is found to be faulty. I bought one a couple of months ago and apart from the whine, its a unique and well designed little light.

Get a replacement and I'm confident you will be happy :thumbsup:

James....