X Men 2

arioch

Enlightened
V8:

Kelly Hu looks good everywhere! Loved her in Scorpion King, liked her in Cradle 2 the Grave. She is one very hottie hottie (and from my home state to boot!). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, saw it last Saturday with the wife. It's only the second movie we've seen in the theater in the last 6 months since we had our son (the 1st was LOTR:TTT). Excellent movie if you aren't a comic book purist. There were some annoying changes they made from the original characters in the comic books, but its been years since I've looked at any of my 200+ X-Men comic books, and I just took the movie for what it was, great sci-fi entertainment. We watched the 1st X-Men movie on DVD the night before, and I definitley like the new one better, and I really like the 1st one.

-Keith

RewopEldnac

Newly Enlightened
Kelly was interviewed by Kevin and Bean (106.7 FM radio in Los Angeles), Thursday last week.

One them asked her, if she can have a mutant power what would it be?

She said, multiple orgasms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
are you calling me a mutant?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

haven't seen it yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but i'm planning on soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
Quickbeam: I agree. Too many sequels are after-thoughts or poorly done. I liked how X2 didn't hand-hold new viewers, yet didn't rely on seeing X1.

SFR

Newly Enlightened
I caught the first showing on Saturday morning at 10:30 AM. There was already a line for tickets 45 minutes prior.

Excellent sequel. The story picks up right where the first one left off. There is a good flow and cohesiveness in the action and storyline.

My favorite mutant in this outing is Nightcrawler. He kicks Secret Service butt all over the floor and walls in the opening sequence. He is also instrumental in saving Rogue's life and the lives of the entire human race.

Also, pay attention to the muscular student at the mansion helping the other students escape during the invasion. For a brief moment, he morphs into his metallic physique. Behold Collosus.

I believe the lovely Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike) has one line: she asks the janitor what he's doing in her office. He hesitatingly replies, "Basura. Garbage." Little does she know that the janitor is not actually a janitor ... not exactly human either.

Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) has the best line in the movie. He says it when he suddenly realizes that Lady Deathstrike has retractable adamantium fingernails ...

arioch

Enlightened
Believe it or not, I had been anticipating a live action X-Men movie since Marvel had announced it was in the works for 1986-1987.

At the time of Terminator 2, One of the first things I thought of when I first saw the morphing ability of the T1000 was that the technology was perfect for Collosus' transformation. Unfortunately, I had to wait some 12 more years for it to happen. I was disappointed that he did not appear in the first X-Men; I thought his power was unique enough to have been included in the mix.

I have a friend who is an X-Men fanatic who was p'o'd at the first movie because it didn't follow the exact mythology of the comics. I also used to collect the comics, but understand the need to make some changes to attract a larger general audience.

If you want to talk about a movie that barely followed any kind of storyline from the comics, let's talk about the Punisher (the Dolph Lundgren one, not the new one in the works).

I thought Spiderman did a pretty good job of it; Daredevil maybe not so much (but Jennifer Garner ... mmmmm .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ).

I find myself apprehensive about the upcoming Hulk, specifically the completely CGI monster (I thought Lou Ferrigno did a great job during the TV show).

Anyway, I thought X-2 was pretty well done, pushing along the Jean Grey/Phoenix situation for possible X-3? I liked the use of most of the powers and abilities used by the various mutants.

Anybody notice an unusual parallel with Patrict Stewart's role in being used to nearly kill off the mutant/human race with his role as Locutus of Borg in Star Trek Next Generation in being used to nearly kill off Starfleet/the human race? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just finally watched it... Had to wait for most of the rush to shallow itself...

Only one thing to say about this movie:
If you haven't seen it yet, GO and watch it. You'll like it. If you hated the first movie, you'll like this one. If you think the producer/director didn't stick to the comic, go watch what the actors do, because it'll make you forget about all of it. If you thought you'd need to see the first movie in order to understand this one, you really don't need to...

It's definately rare that a "sequel" is better than its original, but I think X2 is an awesome movie. Even an "evolution" at the end (those of you who've seen it know what I'm talking about) was done quite well, even if it was incomplete...

Two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif ...

K A

Enlightened
Now just gotta wait for X3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
just got back.

it was pretty good, though i don't remember anything from the origional xmen...