***How many hours will a LS run on a single CR123?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonbox

Banned
How many hours will a LS run on a single CR123?

How many hours will a LS 4 run (high mode) on a single CR123?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Look here for a run-time plot I did on a ARC LS Second I bought about this time last year. These run-time plots are in the Reviews Forun.

nonbox

Banned
Thanks Roy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Does anyone else have these kind of results?

saunterer

Newly Enlightened
I posted this about three weeks ago in another thread:

paste-> I got a LSH-S (LS2) last week. About 30 seconds after opening the box, I clicked it on, laid it in my file cabinet here at work and did a burn test. After around 2 hours it started flickering and finally dropped down to moon mode. I let this run about another 30 minutes and turned my light off. Took the battery out, replaced with a new Surefire 123 and went home. The next day at work, switched back to the used battery (I think the meter said something close to 2.5V) and it came on again brightly for about 10 minutes, but then soon dropped into moon mode. I did this about 5 times (let it rest for about 10 minutes then turning it back on). Then I left it to continue to burn for about 4 hours and the light was still about Arc AAAish (if that is a word). This lasted around a total of 8 hours until I got tired of trying to kill this battery. Last meter reading was around 2.3 V and you could look into the LED comfortably but it could still be usable in dark conditions. All in all, I quit before the light did.

--Chris

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the drop into moon mode is also much more distinct than the arc AAA, which tends to dim off more slowly. one minute its full output, the next minute its in moon mode.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
So the Arc really does manage another 30 minutes of regulated light over an E1/Kl1 combo? If so, that's very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.