Streamlight MOLLE? (Not sidewinder.)

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
While searching around for the best deal on the Pentagon MOLLE, I came across this Streamlight "MOLLE Lte Pkg-Compass TailCap/1 Filter/1 Battery, Black" on tacticalleds.com. It has the exact same specs and everything as the Pentagon. So I sent them an e-mail and they said it was a special order item from Streamlight, puts out 40 lumens, comes with a blue filter and a compass tailcap. There are also other stores that have this item, so it's not just this store making a mistake. Is Streamlight perhaps rebranding the Pentagon MOLLE or even maybe Streamlight has bought out Pentagon?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got another e-mail from tacticalleds, they don't have any available pictures and get their info from a distrubutor.

From the e-mail

"You mentioned you found a Pentagon light that was exactly the same, it probably is. Most of the big manufacturers share products with each other. Pentagon probably makes that light and sells it to Streamlight with their name on it. I have several brands that do that. In fact many of Streamlights products are made by other manufacturers. This policy prevents each manufacturer from having to re-tool everytime they want to add a product line."

Well I have always felt the MOLLE was a damn nice light, but a bit overpriced at 30 dollars, so as soon as I get more money I'll take my chances assuming this is the same light, especially since it's only 19.58. Only problem is it's a special order item and I'd have to wait 2-3 weeks:ohgeez:!!! That's like a million years to a flashaholic!!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
especially since it's only 19.58.... I'd have to wait 2-3 weeks:ohgeez:!!! That's like a million years to a flashaholic!!
I hate the wait. That's why, personally, I'd rather spend the extra $10 to have it NOW rather than save a few $$ and have it LATER. Good luck with your decision.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate the wait. That's why, personally, I'd rather spend the extra $10 to have it NOW rather than save a few $$ and have it LATER. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks. I initially thought that too, but I'd really like to know that this is the same light for cheaper so those who are short on money like me can get it cheaper.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since PentagonLight isn't entirely out of business (just can't sell/distribute products), perhaps they licensed the Molle out to Streamlight to keep the lights on (no pun intended).:grin2:

Either way it'll be interesting to see the Streamlight Molle. I just might grab one!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
$55.49... ouch. Oh wait, but it's free shipping!

I don't know what crack those guys were smoking.:poke: Glad to hear you enjoy your Molle, I got one too and enjoy it A LOT! It's so much fun to be able to use dollar store alkalines, basically a zero-guilt light. Very fun to use, too.

I think the Maxpedition is still a PentagonLight, just resold under their name. At least there's now a means for folks who didn't get to buy one the first time around!:thumbsup: This leaves me wondering about a few things:

1. Did Maxpedition simply buy out PL's inventory of Molles, and is now reselling them?

or

2. Is Maxpedition is manufacturing Molles themselves?

3. or both?:confused:

Kinda makes me wonder!

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
what happened to pentagonlight? I'd always wanted a molle, never got around to buying one. Now they're gone?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
what happened to pentagonlight? I'd always wanted a molle, never got around to buying one. Now they're gone?

Yes, they were sued out of business by SF:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/196545

...but don't fret, you can still pick up a MOLLE.:thumbsup:

PentagonLight's warranty is still in effect, so if you have any issues you can still email them.:twothumbs

spoonrobot

Enlightened
1. Did Maxpedition simply buy out PL's inventory of Molles, and is now reselling them?

or

2. Is Maxpedition is manufacturing Molles themselves?

3. or both?:confused:!

Maxpedition has been selling the MOLLE light on their site for several months. It's not rebranded or a Maxpedition edition, just another distribution channel for Pentagonlight (or it was anyway).