voice risk Anylisis now used in the UK? how bizzare.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol I would fail every time as I always talk different on the phone,in future I may stick to Emails only,they say it can stop fraud lol if that was the case I would just use someone else's voice,what are your views :tinfoil:

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this along the lines of what you are talking about?

BENEFIT claimants in Bury will take 'lie detector' tests to see if they are trying to swindle the system.

As of this week, Bury will pilot a hi-tech phone line which aims to root out fraudulent claims.

The system will be used for housing and council tax benefit claims only, and callers will be told they are being monitored when they first ring.
Bury is among 18 councils to try out the government's Voice Risk Analysis Technology project.

This identifies changes in people's voices, or hesitation, which will flag up a warning to staff that callers may be giving wrong information.

Council bosses say this should speed up claims from most claimants. They will be deemed 'low risk' and not have to provide so many detailed documents (rent books, wage slips etc) to back up their claim, or face as many checks.

The system will flag up 'higher risk' cases, which will prompt staff to take a more detailed look at these claims.
"As the majority of cases are of low risk this new system will help improve efficiency and ensure high customer service."

I like the end paragraph--all done to "...ensure high customer service." :tinfoil:

-Bill

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
First it's cameras everywhere in public.

Then they start listening in on phone calls.

Soon it'll be telescreens in your bedroom.

Big Brother is watching you!

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took a voice stress analysis once for a job interview. It indicated I lied about being drug addicted and some rather other unpleasant things. The only questions it seemed I answered truthfully were the control questions. And this is supposed to be more accurate than a polygraph? It was so rediculus I couldn't help but think the machine wasn't even on and the operator was using it as a ploy. I didn't get the job which at that point I didn't care. I left feeling somewhat sick from the experience. I really would like to meet the guy who invented this device as I have some questions I'd like to ask.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being English, I'm all in favour of it. When you see these scum on tv documentaries playing football at weekends and doing cash in hand work then claiming £30,000 a year of money I've worked hard for and had to pay taxes on I say every weapon against them helps.
Places where they have done it already, benefit claims are down quite a large percentage. Why would anyone not be in favour of a system that catches thieves and gives councils more money to spend on schools, hospitals, etc...