X1 Photographs

We were able to secure some photos of the new X1 in black. I figure this is the place to post the link since we are not selling them, taking orders or making a list. Please do not share these "secret photos" with the factory as it may ruffle feathers that may ruin our mole's cover. Don't ask/Don't tell!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://www.countycomm.com/inovax1.htm

B@rt

Flashaholic
Re: X1 Photographs SCREW UP

fc9daa36.gif

Cool!

Catman10

Enlightened

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's too bad that Inova doesn't combine a Luxeon or higher end LED with there (IMHO) great looking form factors.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

There appears to be a tactical button on the endcap, nice touch if so. It is a little biggish, though...

iddibhai

Enlightened

I'm waiting for someone to mod this with a 1w LS/O.... THAT would be super. still might get a regular Ti/White x1 since they are just very nice looking and good throw.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, i was also thinking that , with and LS and a 3volt lithium AA, it would make a very cool pocket sized light.
I wonder how the beam would look, that focusing lens coupled with a nice HD?

Re: X1 Rantings

Sorry, I don't have the light and I don't have the guts to ask the photographer to compare the light against a competitors light at this point. Any beam studies would be a waste of time until we can get our hands on a real actual production light. On a lighter note, TACTICAL TAILCAP? YES, it really is a junior version of the X5T.
HOW DOES THE X1 (that runs on only 1 AA battery) COMPARE TO A SUREFIRE? These are different animals. This 22 dollar retail light does not compare in any way to my Surefire M3, but it wasn't intended to. An LED is not intended to be a tactical takedown light (Frank's opinion). Someday hopefully leds may be a takedown light. The X1 that I got to use for a few days was ideal tactical inspection light while looking for contraband under a car seat, allowing you to walk up to a front door without walking into a 3 foot chain link fence (done that) or signaling your partner from a distance. These are all applications that you would not want to use your full size police type flashlight when operating with the tactical mindset. Yes, Flashoholics have the proper light for every application, but the patrolman on the beat or the military operator can only have what they can carry so he/she must compromise by carrying the most flexible/reliable/lightweight/simple equipment possible. The X1 with it's single AA battery light source looks like a new breed of light to fill needs of those who battle the night. I'll be buying a few for myself and friends, Frank

BigMac

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
catman10 said:
Do you know how it would compare (lightwise) to an Inova microlight?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least the beam won't have as bad of rigns. We can tell that from Frank's pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I hope nobody from Inova is reading these forums, or those pictures would disappear right quick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

franken2

Newly Enlightened

great pix! i dont have an x5, but both lights look like a VERY tempting addition to my collection. {suddenly my wallet feels about $80 lighter}

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened

Hello guys,

Great pics as always Frank, and thanks for sharing them with us!

I would just like to inform everyone that there is another thread that attempts to gather all the X1 prelaunch speculations, hype and vapor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here it is:
The Inova X1 Master Thread: The Countdown

Re: X1--Master Thread Countdown

I wanted to post these pictures on the count down section but I could not find it. It was late and I was tired. Perhaps we could get this thread moved over to the "count down thread" since that is where it belongs. Frank

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Frank, great pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Some time ago, I emailed Emissive Energy regarding the X1 and they stated that the it was due out at the end of April, but here we are and still no X1. Any word when they'll be out?

BigMac

Enlightened

I last heard that it was supposed to come out end of May.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

"Regulated...runs for 10 hours". This could mean that it has a fully regulated run of 10hrs, which would be one of the longest of any commercial LED light. Or it could mean that it runs regulated for Xhrs, limps along for Yhrs and dies at 10hrs. There's no way to know right now.

The X5, which is not that much bigger, has a functional, non-regulated run of about 5-6hrs. Brock's charts indicate remarkably steady output. At three hours it is down only 7% from original brightness, and about 13% at 4hrs (if I recall correctly). And remember that the original X5 (still my preference) was the brightest light of its size before the Luxeons came along. It is still an excellent, viable light.

Since the X1 is one of the largest if not the largest 1AA light I've seen the size/benefit ratio will have to be very favorable for me to consider carrying it. I have never cared for a "laser style" no-peripherals spot beam, but I could see its application to covert operations.

OTOH it looks good and may turn out to be very mod-friendly

At this point, since I EDC "mission specific" lights, I don't see how this light would be useful to me, but I'm keeping an open mind and look forward to reading some reviews in the not too distant future.

Brightnorm