Which 1-Cell is Bright and Small

Mikul

Newly Enlightened
I had (sigh) an Amilite 1-cell CR123 twisty that was a nice flashlight. It was bright enough to blind-ya, but small enough to live in my pocket. The single-mode was a plus and I didn't miss having a switch at all.

What would you recommend I buy now that I've lost my little firefly?

It's so much more difficult to evaluate flashlights without flashlightreviews.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
ONe of the smallest and most powerfull 1 cr123 flashlights I can have is a Surefire E1E

1. added the 6P head with Malkoff M30
2. E to C adaptor.

Very small and true 235Lumens:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs Oh yeah runtime is 45 minutes with rechargeables.

Put in a 3v non-rechargeable and it will be 140 or so Lumens for about 3 hours.

I LED drop-in with 2 ouputs that are controlled by the voltage.:sick:

deranged_coder

Enlightened
You may want to copy and paste the recommendation checklist and fill it out so people have a better idea what exactly you are looking for: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/96884 :thinking:

My personal favorites for 1xCR123 lights are the Surefire E1B, Novatac 120P and Nitecore EX10. Recently acquired a Jetbeam Jet-II I.B.S. and I've been quite pleased with it as well. Not sure how well those lights would meet your needs, though. :shrug:

The Sun

Enlightened
also, in a day, possibly two i will have up a single cell roundup:twothumbs:twothumbs

it will included the:

SF E1B
SF L1
SF E1L
Nitecore EXTREME
Nitecore NDI
Jetbeam JET II PRO I.B.S.
Fenix P2D REBEL 100 PREMIUM
NovaTac 120P
EagleTac T10C
ITP C9
possibly a new FENIX PD20, LD20, and maybe a Jetbeam E3P

i just sold my Deree C2H R2, NC EX10 GDP, and traded my Ra Twisty 100 (with christmas wishes involving a more useful Clicky:D) so they won't be included.:thumbsdow:)

it might help ya out a bit as well!!!:D

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the lights I own,

If you liked the twisty ui, go for a Ra Twisty (more flood) or Surefire L1 (more throw).

If you want the clicky ui, go for a Surefire E1B (more throw) or the M30 e1e route (more flood than e1b).

Can't go wrong with any of these - all depends on your preferences ;)

rockz4532

Enlightened
if you want the smallest cr123a, then the Fenix P1CE at 90 lumens one mode. or for more output, same 123a, clicky switch, Fenix P2DCE Q5, at 180 lumens, 5 modes

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll second the Fenix P2D for a bright, 1 x CR123 light. Small, very bright, well made, decent runtime and not too expensive. :thumbsup:

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Selfbuilt beat me to it :p

The current mass-produced 1x123 output and throw champ is the JetBeam Jet II IBS, with 225 lumens on a primary, blasting out to 250 on a li-ion. Also features three user-settable infinite brightness output modes, removable head/reflector assembly for bare-emitter use, Mil-Spec anodizing, crystal sapphire lens, squared threads, silicone o-rings, and all for < $70 :thumbsup:

See it here: http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/jetiiibs.html

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selfbuilt beat me to it :p

The current mass-produced 1x123 output and throw champ is the JetBeam Jet II IBS, with 225 lumens on a primary, blasting out to 250 on a li-ion. Also features three user-settable infinite brightness output modes, removable head/reflector assembly for bare-emitter use, Mil-Spec anodizing, crystal sapphire lens, squared threads, silicone o-rings, and all for < $70 :thumbsup:

See it here: http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/jetiiibs.html
In my light box tests, the Jet II IBS puts out just about the same amount of total light as a Romisen RC-N3, D-Mini, P1D, and P2D (all with Q5 emitters and using a Li-ion cell). I estimate the output to be about 150 lumens.

They do, of course, have different beam characteristics, with the tightly focused D-Mini having nearly twice the main beam brightness of the closest competitor the Jet II IBS.

c_c

Mikul

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix IBS looks pretty good. It's a bit longer than my Amilite though.

I can wait a couple of days for the The Sun's reviews.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
rc-c3 at shining beam.

small twisty w 200 lumens $22.00

buy several..........:party:

Mikul

Newly Enlightened
That rc-c3 looks great! At that price, it's worth a try.