What to use for lubing the joint of Leatherman tools

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Kry-Tech (it's a wax based bicycle chain lube) since it works well, does not attract dirt as much, and cleans up easily. Then again, I use the same stuff for all my knives. To keep rust at bay I use a Tuf-Cloth to wipe down things.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like mineral oil for my knives, in case I use it for food prep.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Sentry Solutions Tuf-Glide on my Leatherman tools, just as I do on my knives. I use it very sparingly on my Leatherman tools though, especially the main pliers joint, as I like the pliers on my multitools to be very stiff, not floppy, as they often get over time.

merlin

Newly Enlightened
I use BlueLube from Benchmade on my Wave. Use sparingly! It will collect dust and gunk like crazy!

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else out there use Militec-1? I can't remember who recommended it - either Benchmade, or the folks at KF. I think it was designed for gun use, but seems to work well on knives.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good quality dry chain lube is ideal,nothing will stick to the very best ones.The Wurth brand is top notch.

stockae92

Enlightened
Update: I put it off for a long while but I finally tried the bike chain (dry) lube on the joint. It works great! :D

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another user of white lightning the bike chain lube. I have been using it for over 10 years on my drawer queen peanuts

Styerman

Newly Enlightened
Pretty much anything but WD 40 , Rem Oil at the moment . If you do a lot of food prep ( unlikely for the pliers , but could apply to the blades ) , get mineral oil from the pharmacy , it's food safe .

Newbies overoil , old hands do it very sparingly .

Chris