KD at it again, Surfire Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Holy COW that is blatant isn't it!
Says it on the tailcap too.

JeeZ An 18650 only Q5 U2 ripoff. I though they at least tried to not copy the name too.
I see the clip has disappeared though.

Beamshot sure does look nice, no rings in it at all.

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOLY CRAP!!:mad:

Thats Crazy!!:shakehead:(:thumbsdow

I feel bad for someone that doesn't know any better:ohgeez:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ow, imagine if SF let lights out of the factory with threads like that. I guess I'm too used to nice lights. Those are almost painful to look at.

TexLite

Enlightened
At least KD doesn't advertise it as genuine.

That does nothing to rectify the situation in my opinion,its still a counterfit.

Its completely inexcusable to sell any countefeit,especially considering you also sell other genuine products by the same manufacturer.

-Michael

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing the selector ring does nothing.

I wish these people would concentrate their efforts on making their own unique designs instead of trying to rip off someone else's. You never know, they might actually come up with something good. Copying a U2 seems like complete waste of time as anyone who knows what a SF U2 is will know that that's not one.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it looks like they read this thread. The images in the link are now blurry and the magnified image has been deleted.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it looks like they read this thread. The images in the link are now blurry and the magnified image has been deleted.
Bzzzt. :)

Click on a picture, which then launches a gallery.

Click on any pictures in the picture bar....all pictures are crystal clear.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO, any dealer/manufacturer that blatantly sells such obvious RIP-OFF products should be banned from CPF and CPF-U...

It's a slap in the face to all legit manufacturers, not to mention illegal.

--dan

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Wow... Thats really terrible... Hopefully a SF employee is looking at this.
Lets hope someone new into this hobby does not think is a killer deal and buys one.

+1 Dano

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
+2 since it is not the first time. If I remember correctly they had a M2 counterfit not too long ago. And they can´t be THAT dumb to not know what they are offering.

Eric

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed, quite worrying. Particularly given the clear "SureFire" markings.

The "18650 Li Battery Only" marking did make me laugh, though. SureFire would have to have had quite a turnaround on their rechargeables policy for that to appear on a genuine product.

Regards,
Tempest

McGizmo

Flashaholic
IMHO, any dealer/manufacturer that blatantly sells such obvious RIP-OFF products should be banned from CPF and CPF-U...

It's a slap in the face to all legit manufacturers, not to mention illegal.

--dan

Although I agree in spirit with this completely, I don't think the administration of this forum is in a position or should take on the role of policing based either on law or ethics beyond that which is obvious and necessary and perhaps determined by those who do have the legal responsibility and authority on such matters.

There is no reason that the community itself here can't handle these situations and hold to some high ground.

Crap like this is below contempt and outright embarrassing, IMHO.

:thumbsdow to the manufacturers as well as any dealer who would elect to sell any type of forgery or counterfeit and to any customer who would knowingly purchase them. I don't care if these things are super cheap and have great modding potential. If you support a lie you are the enemy of truth.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsdow to the manufacturers as well as any dealer who would elect to sell any type of forgery or counterfeit and to any customer who would knowingly purchase them. I don't care if these things are super cheap and have great modding potential. If you support a lie you are the enemy of truth.
+ 1

Illum

Flashaholic
Ow, imagine if SF let lights out of the factory with threads like that. I guess I'm too used to nice lights. Those are almost painful to look at.

:sick2: I'm with you on that

I'm guessing the selector ring does nothing.

I wish these people would concentrate their efforts on making their own unique designs instead of trying to rip off someone else's. You never know, they might actually come up with something good. Copying a U2 seems like complete waste of time as anyone who knows what a SF U2 is will know that that's not one.

reminds me of gerber when they first came out...
Quickbeam said:
Gerber seems to have a great deal of trouble making good flashlights unless they build them based upon someone else's design.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it illegal in the USA to posess a fake Surefire?

I ask because, on the UK Antiques Roadshow, I have watched people with counterfeit items be told that they must hand them in to be destroyed.

I wondered if consumer items have the same restrictions as jewellery or fine arts, and, for that matter, whether American law is anything like British law in this respect.

Last edited:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a bad Surefire U2 copy. It may say Surefire but many of us would have a hard time believing that the U2 being sold here costs $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.