best lubricant for fenix threads and O-rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unique

Enlightened
So what is it?
I watched the youtube video that you should first clean the threads and rings with an alcohol swap then apply the lubricant, is this adviced? I have these alcohol wipes that you can use on open cuts etc, will these be okay on a light?

Where can I buy the lubricant? I'm worried I might buy the wrong type and it will eat away the threads or o-rings.

Any that I can order from the internet that people know personally or use personally on their fenix and know it works? Or any stores in Australia that sell it it?

Thank you!

P.S I was just outside playing with the TK10 and I just can't get enough of it, its so bright, but when I took the battery cap off, it makes a really bad grinding noise as I'm putting it on and off...

Lake Effect

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like the pads you are using are probably isopropyl alcohol. They should work fine for cleaning. I use Nyogel 779Z6 for a thread and o-ring lubricant. You can purchase a small tube from Lighthound for around $8.00. If you are like me this tube will probably last a lifetime.

DM51

Flashaholic
There is a already a thread running here, which you could have found by doing a search (which would also have revealed hundreds of similar threads).

There is also a thread here in the "Threads of Interest" sticky.

Please in future take a little time to look around and/or do a search before starting new threads.

This one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.