Problems with the NEW Fenix LD01 Stainless Steel - How to turn this thing off??

LightKnife

Newly Enlightened
I've placed an order for a Stainless Steel Fenix LD01, sexy light from the pictures and was looking forward to receive the light. I've got the light yesterday. Looked pretty cool and sleek and preceed to play with it.

Ok and here is the issue with my light. I use a regular alkaline energizer AAA battery. The light does not act like other l0d i have seen or even the ld01. At the first contact between the head and the threads of the body the light will turn itself ON. Then it stays ON all the way to the end there is no way to turn this light off.

I've played with the light for a little bit longer and screw the head all the way to the end achieving the maximum brightness and still trying to figure how to turn this thing off so i'm trying to unscrew it and the light will turn itself off but it will flicker or turn itself ON on its own. Sometimes at the slight touch to the body/head or a little movement is enough to turn the light on.

I am new to fenix flashlights as i usually have other brands but this is not the issue here. I am asking if anyone have similar experiences i am just asking for possible solutions to the matter as i really like this light as i am aware that the threads close the circuit when both the body and the heads gets in contact.

Last edited:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd guess there's a solder bridge between the outer rim of the PCB and the threads of the metal; this isn't an issue of the normal lights because of the anodising, but it could be an issue with the SS version. Look into the head, and see if you can see anything obvious. If not, take it back.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest not to try to open anything or do operations that would leave traces, warranty could be lost.

If it looks normal, just return it, you'll get a new one that works. Both of mine work flawlessly.

The LD01ss can also have flickering issues, so dealers should test each light before they ship them... :sigh:

Greets,

Henk

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today, nice light IMO. However it was very difficult to turn the head. So hard in fact it cuts the o-ring when you tighten it down. Sending it back today, bummed.