Terralux tail clicky durability?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to be throwing together an ultra-mini BOB and I'm thinking about which light I want to throw in there. i have my thoughts organized, just looking for opinions on the terralux tail clicky for minimags.

To give you guys an idea, i have a 2AA MM with the SMJLED drop-in from the SS (nice blue heatsink/polarity protection) running of L91's. I'm just not sure if I want to keep the terralux clicky on there or not. at first I have silicone grease on the threads and I would get flickering/fadding, but when i switched to copper antiseize that dissappeared. I haven't used this light a whole lot, just sits in one of my ammo boxes in storage, so perhaps one of you have have more carry time with the terralux clicky and can shed some light on its durability :candle:

Butch003

Newly Enlightened
It feels very solid to me; doesn't feel as "light duty" as the SolarForce clicky that I have. Feels to have a more robust spring and there's a definite 'click' whrn activated. It's a reverse clicky, though, not having the momentary-on feature. I've had it about a month now and only use the light once or twice a day.
Just to be clear, I'm talking about the #TCS-1. Hope this helps.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, thats the one I have and I agree about the feel; feels robust. But so does the clicky on my DX modded light, and it sure as sh_t is not (well then again, it has held up well!).

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
TTT for any comments from EDC or hard-use individuals!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
A second hand one. A buddy in the greek parachutters of mine uses it regularly. Never complained to me a bit about it.

BTW even if it gives you trouble, you can always short it and use the bezel as a switch...

Latest posts