• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired C M@G for use with multiple battery configurations! Sale and Feeler

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
C M@G for use with multiple battery configurations! One Available

I have one host available as pictured below.

I have for sale a M@G C that I cut down and re-threaded for use with:

1 X AW "C"
1 X 18650
2 X CR123A or RCR123A (not shown in pictures)

The tail cap has been slightly modified inside for use with the stock M@G spring and a SS spring. The stock spring is for use with the "C" cell. The SS spring sits below the stock spring which is used with an 18650 cell or pair of 123A cells. To use the 18650 or 123A cells just pull out the stock spring and slide in the battery sleeve and you're good to go. The battery sleeve is included.

Included in this sale is M@G host with stock parts (switch, reflector etc...), two springs and battery sleeve. Price is $72 shipped via USPS PM w/DC for U.S. shipment. If you're outside the U.S. contact me for rates. If you would like me to fin the head or groove the body I can also do that for an additional fee.

As usual the first to post an,"I'll take it" gets this one. If you would like one please express your interest here. Available colors to me are Pewter and Black.

My PP address is
sm_smemail.jpg

If you have questions please direct them to my email mirageman01[at]gmail(dot)com. I can't access CPF during the day at work but can and do check my email periodically.

Now for some pics.

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

With a "C" cell.
DSC01340.jpg

With an 18650 cell.
DSC01337.jpg

Picture of the new threads. :)
DSC01344.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
C Mag for use with multiple battery configurations! Sale and Feeler

Mirage_Man,

I love the idea of multiple battery configuration. I think member Ledean was the only other one to use this configuration. I'm surprised that you were the only one that picked this up!

I need another SSC P7 like a hole in the head, but this would be a perfect host! A Cree aspherical or single emitter or P7 etc. I've got a ton of 18650's laying around, so runtime would never be an issue.

Bump for a great host and perfect machining!

JeffN

Enlightened
Actually, wquiles also built lights with the C/18650 option:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/189119
I know because I now own the pewter one. Based on the second post in that thread, I'm guessing that Mirage Man contributed the heat sinks.

I'm not trying to take anything away from MM -- I also have firsthand experience with his Mag C body work. I've got a darkzero-built 1C P7 light powered by an AW "C" featuring a body cut down, finned and grooved by Mirage Man. Absolutely first-rate workmanship. :twothumbs

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not trying to take anything away from MM -- I also have firsthand experience with his Mag C body work. I've got a darkzero-built 1C P7 light powered by an AW "C" featuring a body cut down, finned and grooved by Mirage Man. Absolutely first-rate workmanship. :twothumbs

And that was before I got my new lathe. You should see the machining now.

wquiles

Flashaholic

As an owner of a "much" smaller lathe, I can definitely pick up how smooth the new lathe is cutting, just by looking at the close-up picture of the threaded area - very nice work Brian :twothumbs

Right now I can only dream of such a nice lathe ;)

Will
(jealous about your Harison M300 lathe)

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great work! If you dont mind me asking, what size pipe are you using for the 18650 spacer?

JeffN

Enlightened

Oh, man -- where's my wallet... :candle:

The fin work you did on the head of the darkzero light is outstanding, and the body grooving gives it the best feel of any of my cutdown Mags. You should consider offering either or both as an option on these.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, man -- where's my wallet... :candle:

You should consider offering either or both as an option on these.

Ummmm.... :D

Mirage_Man said:
If you would like me to fin the head or groove the body I can also do that for an additional fee.

If this one doesn't sell tonight I'll go ahead and groove the body and raise the price.

Last edited:

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
Mirage_Man, If I may make a suggestion...A few months back, you made me a cut down C mag-lite for a single AW C cell. You also did me the favor of cutting the tube shorter and slightly milling the the tail cap so the spring sat a little deeper.
I haven't aquired a C cell yet but I some times use a 18500. But what I have also done is rig the light so it could use a two CR123s. I curled the bottom of the stock spirng inward and put it into the tail cap upside down. I took some inspriation from the 2D mag mod in which you reverse the spring in order to fit 3 cell batteries.
This would allow as single spring to be used, and save you the step of removing the anodizing from the bottom of the tail cap.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mirage_Man, If I may make a suggestion...A few months back, you made me a cut down C mag-lite for a single AW C cell. You also did me the favor of cutting the tube shorter and slightly milling the the tail cap so the spring sat a little deeper.
I haven't aquired a C cell yet but I some times use a 18500. But what I have also done is rig the light so it could use a two CR123s. I curled the bottom of the stock spirng inward and put it into the tail cap upside down. I took some inspriation from the 2D mag mod in which you reverse the spring in order to fit 3 cell batteries.
This would allow as single spring to be used, and save you the step of removing the anodizing from the bottom of the tail cap.

I don't quite understand your suggestion as the light I offered here can be used for any of the cells you just listed?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Brian

I got your light today already man what service and a great host, it goes well with the one c grooved the head of yours I have.

I will PM you about another c and one of those gorgeous cut down D mags like you sold today.

Thanks

Dave

PS Before NC I lived just below you in Palmeto

ERS

Newly Enlightened
Nice work, Mirage Man.

I'd like mine in pewter, please.

:paypal:

Thanks,

Mark

ERS

Newly Enlightened
Received my light. It's perfect!

Thanks, Brian.

Regards,

Mark

beetleguise

Enlightened
Would work great for a simple P-7 or MC-E. I have some custom mirage man work, and it is perfect.:twothumbs