Small reflector for CreeXP-E, suggestions please?

bikerjay

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a small reflector to use with a Cree XP-E. I would like a very tight beam and the smaller the better. Perhaps the McR-10 or 12 rebel? I am shooting for about a 10deg beam.

bikerjay

Newly Enlightened
I am planning a triple xp-e light as soon as the R2 bin are stocked some where. They should be available in R2 soon. I plan on building the following light -
http://myfwyc.org/bikeled/ConstructionSteps.html
Only catch is instead of 1" aluminum box tubing I figure why not use 1/2" tubing. Yes the electronics are going to have to be SMALL. The internal dimension is 10.1mm.

I am considering three reflectors/ optics right now. The Carclo 10412, the Ledil Lisa 10mm (which I have high hopes for) as well as the McR-10 and McR-12 reflectors. The reflectors are probably the most eficent option. Has any one tried them with the XP-E? what sort of beam should I exppect? Would any shiming be nececary? I want somthing with good throw. Will the McR reflectors be flood monsters. Looking for somthing at least on par with a xr-e and a 10 degree optic.

WeLight

Enlightened
I am planning a triple xp-e light as soon as the R2 bin are stocked some where. They should be available in R2 soon. I plan on building the following light -
http://myfwyc.org/bikeled/ConstructionSteps.html
Only catch is instead of 1" aluminum box tubing I figure why not use 1/2" tubing. Yes the electronics are going to have to be SMALL. The internal dimension is 10.1mm.

I am considering three reflectors/ optics right now. The Carclo 10412, the Ledil Lisa 10mm (which I have high hopes for) as well as the McR-10 and McR-12 reflectors. The reflectors are probably the most eficent option. Has any one tried them with the XP-E? what sort of beam should I exppect? Would any shiming be nececary? I want somthing with good throw. Will the McR reflectors be flood monsters. Looking for somthing at least on par with a xr-e and a 10 degree optic.

R2 have shipped and will be here late next week, these are the triple optics to suit
cartrip.gif
cartrimix.gif

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a tinaxp medium diffused from big supplier chain. Testing it for beam shape tomorrow. One piece clear plastic thingy in a cylindrical lens holder that should fit on the xp-e. I will be putting all this stuff in a minimag 2xAAA. I also have an xp-e on an 8mm circular board. Will probably direct-drive off of something. perhaps two AAA-form li-ion cells in parallel or one with a spacer

spike_200

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if that 10 degree Lisa XP lens worked out. If so do you have a beam shot. i am looking to find out what the beams diameter is at a foot.

thanks

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a camera yet, which is the only thing that is keeping me from starting my project. well, that and time. Whenever I do finally get things going, I will update my thread in the custom section. it will be a cree xp-e in a 2xAAA minimag