Malkoff 3D Drop-in tint?

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
Hi,

I received my Malkoff 3D drop in last week, and it's been great! However I feel like the tint is a little yellow; it especially has a yellow ring around the hotspot. It says on the website that the light is a "nice white 6500k" so I'm wondering if this is warm beam is what the light is supposed to be.

I'll try to get beamshots later tonight, but in the meantime, does anyone know?

Thanks!

mike

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the tint on the M60 module most of all but the 3D one is also pretty good, a perfect balance.

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
Nevermind, I got an email from Gene stating that the batch of P4's he got had a warmer tint (5350) than stated on the website (6500).

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the same thing when I received my Malkoff.
I normally like a very cool tint :cool:
The first time I tried my Malkoff, straight away I thought ....."thats very yellow".
I could not decide whether I liked it or not :thinking:
One day I was messing about spluttering reflectors and installed one with
the Malkoff ...... and it has come out alot more floody and easy on the eyes :D

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
I thought the same thing when I received my Malkoff.
I normally like a very cool tint :cool:
The first time I tried my Malkoff, straight away I thought ....."thats very yellow".
I could not decide whether I liked it or not :thinking:
One day I was messing about spluttering reflectors and installed one with
the Malkoff ...... and it has come out alot more floody and easy on the eyes :D

Hahaha, yea I went thru the same thing. Last night went to an open lot to try the Malkoff versus the Terralux, then came back home and used them around the house in the dark. I think I like the tint of the Terralux more in the house, but outside, I definitely like the Malkoff for better visibility.

I then tried a textured reflector (was using the original Mag reflector), and the flood was awesome!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha, yea I went thru the same thing. Last night went to an open lot to try the Malkoff versus the Terralux, then came back home and used them around the house in the dark. I think I like the tint of the Terralux more in the house, but outside, I definitely like the Malkoff for better visibility.

I then tried a textured reflector (was using the original Mag reflector), and the flood was awesome!

Yup .... awesome flood :D

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realize this is an older thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread while one already existed.

I just received a 3d maglite dropin. It also has a very warm tint. However, I do not want a warm tint, since it makes the light seem less bright and looks horrible indoors. I emailed malkoff, but he hasn't given me a response...
Did he say if/when he will be making lights with the normal white tint? I feel sort of mislead, since all of the pictures and comments on the malkoff site show the LED to be a neutral white. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is what I prefer, but the one I got had a distinctive yellow tint. I hope malkoff has some that are more neutral, as I really prefer that.