Do the Ultrafire WF series lights have SureFire compatible tailcap threads?

DM51

Flashaholic
I've no idea if they're compatible, but it would be rather like fitting a Trabant with Recaro sport seats.

KowShak

Enlightened
More generally, I'd like to know what parts from which lights will fit which other lights. That would be useful so that we could play light-mod-lego.

concept0

Enlightened
Yeah, I've been looking for a reasonably cheap (like Ultrafire) MC-E light that can take 2-CR123 and a remote pressure switch (for weapon mounting).

I can find lights that meet 2 out of these 3 requirements, but the only Ultrafire MC-E light that they offer a remote pressure switch for is the C2, which only takes 18650.

Now if Ultrafire lights were compatible with Surefire tailcaps, I'm sure I could find a remote pressure switch for the C8 (I think that's the right number) which can take 2-CR123.

FirstDsent

Enlightened
I've no idea if they're compatible, but it would be rather like fitting a Trabant with Recaro sport seats.
The point is, there are a ton of great accessories based on the SureFire G, P, etc. tailcap thread architecture: forward clicky tailcaps, pressure switches, rail mount adapters, battery tube extensions, tactical grip adapters (I have a rare TnC Detonator), etc.

I want to get a SSC P7 light that can accept such accessories. In particular, I want to use the Solarforce rail adapter (above) to make a weaponlight similar to THIS with a remote pressure switch tailcap.

So the question is, can the WF 1000L accept a SF tailcap?

Bernie

P.S. Your analogy would be appropriate if Recaro seats were years behind in technology, cost $2,000 each,and people collected them just to sit on a shelf, and to sell them to each other on www.recaroforums.com. :nana:

concept0

Enlightened
I'm loving the rail mount adapter you linked to! I've never seen one of those before! Now I really want an answer to this thread compatability question, especially with regard to the Ultrafire C8...

FirstDsent

Enlightened
True dat!
I have one one the way. I'll post about it when I get it. I have a dozen or so "Golston" hosts laying around that I can tap for a SF compatible frankenweaponlight. I have a Mossy 835 house gun, with a tri-rail forend, and a tricked out Tapco SKS with rails everywhere. I"m trying to mod a tailcap to use the G&P rail cover pressure switch. G&P makes some really cool gear.
-B

Last edited: