EDC thrower?

camaro09

Enlightened
What in your opinion would be the best EDC thrower? I would prefer under 6in or so. I only care about throw and the brighter the better. Right now i carry a novatac on person but would also would like something with awesome throw. Dont care bout price. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Deerelight C2H smooth reflector R2 led. I think it is tops in the 1 cell throw department. I think. Oh and you need to run it on an RCR123 for max output.

Ask FlashCrazy in the dealer section of the marketplace to help you out.
$67?

Last edited:

jchoo

Enlightened
Hmm... with your size restriction, I'd probably suggest an Olight M20 with the smooth reflector. Run it on two RCR123s for the best output.

camaro09

Enlightened
Right now i have but dont carry the streamlight Super Tac. Its got decent throw but i don't like the big body diameter around the reflector... to big to carry except in the holster. Also im not real happy with the beam quality. Any thoughts on a replacement?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Bigger reflector = narrower beam = more throw, so you'll need a larger reflector for the light to be a good thrower. Either that or a lot more output.

The M20 has around 13000 lux at 1 meter, the Jet II is around 6400 lux(RCR123) at 1 meter(5000 lux at 1 meter for CR123). around 30% less throw(need 4x the lux for 2x the throw) then the M20.

The Spartanian II is around 7600 lux at 1 meter(RCR123). The D-mini is around 9800lux at 1 meter (RCR123) but it has a larger refelctor.

The Novatec is around 3000 lux at 1 meter.

The Regalight EDS with the turbohead is a pretty good thrower. But the UI seems to have problems.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Selfbuilt's numbers (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/201117):

NiteCore Extreme: 5150 lux
Lumapower D-Mini (Q2): 6900 lux
Spartanian II: 7940 lux
JetBeam Jet II Pro: 8050 lux
JetBeam Jet II IBS: 9350 lux

Light-Reviews.com numbers (http://light-reviews.com/):

NiteCore Extreme: 4920 lux
JetBeam Jet II Pro: 6470 lux
Spartanian II: 7690 lux
Lumapower D-Mini (Q5): 9880 lux
JetBeam Jet II IBS: 11030 lux

:thumbsup:

camaro09

Enlightened
All look like great lights. I think i've narrowed it down to the JetBeam II IBS or the Olight M20. Which one is gonna have a tighter beam and a further throw? Thats really all i'm looking for is the brightness and throw distance and relative size.

camaro09

Enlightened
I only want one mode and thats high. I dont want to have lower settings or a complicated UI. Just a decently small thrower thats bright as H*LL and tight as can be. :huh:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered the regalight edc? With the sniper head, it apparently can throw pretty darn far.

There is also the Jet II Pro IBS which is supposed to be the best thrower for CR/RCR123 class lights.

And if i am not wrong, the Jet III Ultra is a dedicated thrower, but its output i think is around 225 lumens and not as high as the eagletac but i think its under 6 inches so suits your requirements

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I think i've narrowed it down to the JetBeam II IBS or the Olight M20. Which one is gonna have a tighter beam and a further throw?

The M20 does indeed throw farther than the Jet, however it uses an 18650/2x123 power source. The Jet is 1x123, and thus much smaller.

I only want one mode and thats high. I dont want to have lower settings or a complicated UI.

All JetBeam IBS models do have a programmable multi-mode interface, but you'd only have to program it the one time - set the first mode to maximum, and then anytime you turn the light on, it's instantly on max.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regalight can work as a single mode and outthrows all lights mentioned here.