Votes: 38 73.1%
  • bule

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Hi All,

I just received the LD01 SS light. I really like the appearance of this light- no coloration to show every tiny scratch on it (hard anodizing is useless for this). The tint on mine is most definitely greenish, though. As much as Fenix did right with this light, I just can't get used to the tint of it. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it possible I just got one with an emitter with a greenish tint to it?

gorn

Enlightened
I got mine yesterday. It has a real nice white beam. I like the buffed SS look, though I think Fenix should not have put a polished light in it's adds. Had I bought it for look in the picture I would not have been happy.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Hi All,

I just received the LD01 SS light. I really like the appearance of this light- no coloration to show every tiny scratch on it (hard anodizing is useless for this). The tint on mine is most definitely greenish, though. As much as Fenix did right with this light, I just can't get used to the tint of it. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it possible I just got one with an emitter with a greenish tint to it?

Oh no......I hate green tint.

Woods Walker

Oh man that is a big loss. I could care less about white wall rings. Don't care about a little noise from a light. But the feared squid urine green tint is one thing that hurts the field use of a light for me. Harder to see trail markers and everything else in the woods. I got a cheap Energizer Inspection light that uses AAA. Guessed for 11 bucks on sale with a cree and all I could use it for a loner. However it was green as granny smith apples. Gave the thing away.:mecry:

Woods Walker

Does anyone know the reason for the feared and hated green tint with some LEDs beyond the lottery statments?

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
I was afraid of that; I guess I will be sending this (otherwise) beautiful light back. I thought that with the Q5 emitters, the tint lottery was a thing of the past, but apparently not. Also, I tried new alkaline and fully charged NiMH batteries to make sure- no difference. Thanks for the confirmation.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My two babies show a clear white tint, somewhat cool, but definetely not greenish, somewhat identical both.

I know that my austrian Fenix dealer tests each light and that she also checks the tint, I only get nice ones (whatever this may be, but I didn't ever get one that wasn't OK for me). :cool:

streetmaster

Enlightened
I was afraid of that; I guess I will be sending this (otherwise) beautiful light back. I thought that with the Q5 emitters, the tint lottery was a thing of the past, but apparently not. Also, I tried new alkaline and fully charged NiMH batteries to make sure- no difference. Thanks for the confirmation.

I would think Fenix would be a little more selective with the LED on a "Limited Edition" light like this. Shame on you Fenix.:tsk:

jenskh

Enlightened
Also my P1D Q5 has a greenish tint. I thought may be it is a WG tint instead of WC. At first I did not like it, but after using it outdoors, I have found out that the tint in many situations is nice. The grass and leaves looks green instead of bluish as with the WC tint.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

Does it look green when comparing it to other lights you have; or does it actually look green when you first shine it on a white wall by itself?

Bill

andy955i

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Had mine a couple of days. Its a nice cool white, definitely not a green tint.

Its a superb light for the money.

Andy

Illum

Flashaholic
white is preferred:D, green is very usable if your an outdoor kinda guy:grin2:, blue is preferred by some people :thinking: , and purple just makes you wanna throw a fit every time you use it:shakehead

It'll happen regardless of company, bin, price...its just how it is.

I carry two KX2s on me, one white tint and other other green...and boy do they rival the color rendition of white LEDs outdoors:)

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think Fenix would be a little more selective with the LED on a "Limited Edition" light like this. Shame on you Fenix.:tsk:
I don't mean to make excuses, but the truth is that we can't be sure on this sort of thing due to the subjectivity, you know? I mean, I'd hate to castigate Fenix for something that might just be a subjective preference. I find that my SS LD01 is very creamy white--I love it--but that "cream" tends to mean "yellowish" and perhaps someone would pick that up as yellow-green, you know? I mean, poor fit, off-centered die, faulty circuits: these are things that should invoke shame. But the subtle interpretation of the color of the beam? Well, I just want to be careful. I wonder if he could try to send it back for another? 4sevens seems dedicated to happy customers and, so long as the light was in perfect condition, I don't see why a swap wouldn't be allowed.

I am VERY interested in what seems to be one of the NEXT BIG THINGS: the color of the light. The amazing thread on the McG Sundrop really is exciting to me. However, until we have easy ways to measure the color index, it strikes me that there will be more subjectivity in this than in other areas such as brightness or beam shape. Thoughts?

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Does it look green when comparing it to other lights you have; or does it actually look green when you first shine it on a white wall by itself?

Bill

Bill,

Hate to give you an ambiguous answer, but actually both. The first time I turned it on it looked greenish to me, but I wasn't certain, so then I compared it to my LOD Q4 and then the difference was very noticeable.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill,

Hate to give you an ambiguous answer, but actually both. The first time I turned it on it looked greenish to me, but I wasn't certain, so then I compared it to my LOD Q4 and then the difference was very noticeable.

I think I understand. The reason I asked is because I actually prefer my tints a little green over a little blues and I was thinking trade. My SS LD01 leans twards the warm side. However it sounds like it is a little greener than even I would like.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble exchanging it.

Good Luck

Bill