New lamp assembly for Pila GL4

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
I was emailing Jennifer from Pila about the different models of lights and she sent me this:

[ QUOTE ]
Option ( NEW )

For GL4, we offer a 12V lamp assembly as option. To power the 12V lamp assembly, 4 x CR 123 lithium batteries are required. The 12V lamp assembly provides 195 lumens for 45 minutes. In this configuration, the standard LED tail-cap will provide 7 lumens for 60 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like an interesting option but since it does not use the rechargeables like the other lamp assemblies, it doesn't seem as appealing to me. Still nice to see a high output lamp for the GL4. If they made a 9V high output lamp assembly made to run off the rechargeables, I'd be all over it!

Has anyone here with a GL4 or Wolf-eyes M90 tried this lamp yet?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!!!
I like the GL4 at 135 Lumens, at 195 it aught too kick butt.
I'll have to order one or two. Problem is there's no easy way to carry them.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
E mailed PILA afew days ago and reeived some info.
it's 195 Lumens, but uses (4) DL123 batteries instead of the Li-Ion, OK I can handle that as SF batteries are cheap. Estimated run time is 45 minutes (pretty good).

I ordered one aqnd will let you know when it gets here.

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
I just got my GL3R in the mail and I love the thing! One thing I noticed is that a Surefire P91 lamp assembly fits and works in it. The batteries are able to drive it at full power and is significantly brighter than the original lamp assembly. It's awesome, I've never used the P91 so much before and guilt free too since its rechargeable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I don't know if it will work but if the P91 fits in the GL4 then I think that would be an excellent option. The batteries in the GL4 have an even higher capacity than the GL3 making it even better. The bezel and lamp of the GL4 looks larger than the GL3 so I don't know if it will fit properly.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
GL4 is much larger than the GL3.
What kind of run time are you getting from the Li-ions and a P91? Is it significantly brighter than the 130 lumens that the PILA lamp gives ? I know the PPILA lamps seem to have a wider beam that is less centered.

Pila tells me the GL4 will be shipping with a new 12v lamp therefore the Li-ions will power it at 130 lumens and (4) DL123's will power it at 195 lumens.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received the 12v lamp I ordered today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Looks really good. I'll be putting it through it's paces next week when I go back on duty.