NDI update info?

munchs

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the earlriest models and have been pretty happy with it overall except for one thing, the low voltage alarm when using Li-ion.

I'm thinking of getting another one and I want to know if the above issue has been corrected(removed)? I'd really appreciate any info regarding any update on this goreous torch. Thanks :)

JackJ

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the earlriest models and have been pretty happy with it overall except for one thing, the low voltage alarm when using Li-ion.

The NDI is on the top of my "to buy" list in large part because I've got some 14500 cells I'd like to use in it. Can you tell me what the issue is with the low voltage alarm?

Thanks,
Jack

munchs

Newly Enlightened
The issue I have with Li-ion is it starts to blink too soon after like some 15~20minutes of use on high. I also heard someone having a simillar problem with their NDIs here.

I wish they had that feature removed or reprogram it to blink once when turned on.

munchs

Newly Enlightened
For your information, I emailed edgetac about this a couple days ago and they replied they still have that low voltage alarm feature.

I hope they improve on that feature for future runs :)

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, mine will only run for about 10-15min on an AW 14500 before it starts blinking! :shakehead I have to run it on a NiMH and it's not nearly as bright. I'm not real pleased about that.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, mine will only run for about 10-15min on an AW 14500 before it starts blinking! :shakehead I have to run it on a NiMH and it's not nearly as bright. I'm not real pleased about that.

Now you have an excuse to get you a nitecore D10:)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the funny thing is, i kinda miss my NDI now....wish i hadn't sold it....

Crenshaw

makuyo

Newly Enlightened
im still 50-50 in purchasing an NDI..
it is a little expensive for me..
but having a Fenix TK11, Fenix L2d Rebel100, WE champion, and a Nitecore D10..
i don't see why not:naughty:
hoping there's no problems with the latest batch..

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
the funny thing is, i kinda miss my NDI now....wish i hadn't sold it....

Crenshaw

Wow, I'm kinda surprised you sold yours Crenshaw. It has been my EDC since I received it. I did have to replace it because of issues, but the new one is flawless so far. These lights while not the brightest, have a beautiful spot / spill on them for general illumination / pocket carry IMO. I was going to also buy the Extreme but it doesn't lock out. Major problem for me.

Bill