Bulb with high intensity for an old MiniMaglite

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Incandescent, the best you will find is from Brinkmann - Nexstar 2AA bulbs will fit and will give a little better light. The beam will still be mediocre, but a little brighter.

http://www.thebrinkmanncorp.com/...

Free shipping.

If you want more light overall (but you'll lose the tight, bright, spot) - check around the forums for info on various Minimag mods available such as the InReTech drop in Luxeon or the BadBoy 400.

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
Thankyou!
I will check for the bulb from brinkman.
I have just given my old MAg Solitaire away and bought a CMG Infinity ultra but it's only for short range use. So until the Arc LS4 will be released I will continue using my MiniMaglite but then I want it to be more significant stronger than the CMG Infinity Ultra.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi tusenkonstnar,

fc3d9dd8.gif

I'm sure you will be pleased with the output of a Luxeon! There is just no comparision... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Have fun,

B@rt

Flashaholic
I'm affraid the only way to get a Luxeon for your Mag is to order in the States at the moment... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
dat2zip has very nice "sandwiches" ( drop-in modules), but his site is off-line due to a back-log at the moment...

For a direct drive Luxeon drop-in, the Inretech drop-in is an easy solution, but for max brightness you will have to run it with Lithium batts, wich are expensive overhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hope this helps,

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi B@rt. What is the cost of 1.5v AA Lithiums for you? The lowest price I have found is $9.00USD + 9% local tax.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you in europe, www.7dayshop.com are pretty damn cheap for batteries. 4 pack of energizer lithium AA's for £5.95.

PS, sorry if ive broken any anti-advertising rules.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
flashlightlens.com said:
sunspot - That price is for at least four, right?

[/ QUOTE ]I should of added that. You are correct. It' a four pack.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi Dana, I'd have to check for the exact amount, but I recall it was somewhere in the region of € 3.50 per battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Velcro

Enlightened
Re: Bulb with high intensity for an old MiniMaglit

I was thinking, what about a high amp lamp from Carley or Welch Allyn for use with 1800mah NiMH's? Should be bright.

paulr

Flashaholic

If you want to get real high output from a Minimag your best bet is a Madmax instead of a replacement bulb.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

tusenkonstnar

If you're looking for more brightness than a Luxeon can give, there are a number of recent threads on modifying Mag 2Cs. A search on "Mag 2C" for the past month or two should bring them up.

One of the more interesting ones is here. The beginning of the thread, started last year, gets pretty complex, but the later posts talk about the use of a Carley 808 bulb, which puts out about 12 watts. There is talk of a group buy.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whoops. I just reread and saw that you're talking about a MiniMag. My apologies. A Mag 2C mod is not what you're looking for.