LED Flashlight Lux Comparison Charts

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I updated the charts of the Lux output of the lights I've reviewed.

http://thelightsite.cruxial.com/reviews/lux_charts.htm

Elektrolumens Blaster II kicks everyone's butt so much that I had to separate it from the other LED lights to keep it from skewing the chart! As a result, Luxeon Star lights now have their own chart.

You can compare Lux at one meter (my method) directly to Foot-Candles at one foot (Brock's method of choice) so his and my charts compliment one another. They are directly comparable number-wise (10 Lux at one meter = 10 Foot-Candles at one foot)

lux_chart_led.gif

lux_chart_luxeon.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
I can't wait to see the Space Needle on that chart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not see LGI there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
I can't wait to see the Space Needle on that chart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto on that!!!!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SNII would make the other LSs seem like slits rather than actual measurements...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, All! Glad you like it.

If you don't see it on the chart, I havn't got it! Anyone who measures with a Lux meter at a distance of One Meter, or measures Foot-Candles at One Foot (the distance is important!) can compare their numbers directly to the ones on this chart.

I wish I could buy all the lights you folks would like on the chart, but I just can't do it. I have to rely on manufacturers'/retailers' evaluation samples for most of my reviews. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm expecting a few new ones soon, and I should be loaned a Blaster IV soon for evaluation. They'll all be added to the charts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts