ultra fire p7 lemon

milob40

Newly Enlightened
:poof: i purchased one of these :

14396 UltraFire WF-900L SSC P7-C 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight (2*18650)from dx and it died after only a few minutes. i sent it back and waited over a month but had to chase them all the time for replacement. the new torch arrived on tuesday, turned it on and after 2 minutes :poof: dead again.
it appears to be a common overheating problem. for anyone thinking of buying one, don't! .
does anyone know of a p7 or mce flashlightin the sub $70 range that is reliable? or is the a replacement pill and reflector in an r2 emmitter that will fit this flashlight?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14396

bigdaddy

Newly Enlightened
sad to hear that. I'd avoid buying from DX due to their slow and long shipping services (2 months to ship my items) . Ultrafire flashlights is one to avoid too, broke down too easily.:thumbsdow

I've got a XTAR SSC-P7, quite well built, but has some battery problem (the XTAR batteries that comes with the package).

erlon

Newly Enlightened
Dam, this sucks.

I bought a lot of MTE P7 (8 and 2 modes) to sell and have one 8 modes myself. It´s not a nice finished light but it never let me down.

milob40

Newly Enlightened
Dam, this sucks.

I bought a lot of MTE P7 (8 and 2 modes) to sell and have one 8 modes myself. It´s not a nice finished light but it never let me down.
is that a 2 battery or 1 battery type?
i wanted a torch with 2 x 18650 for longer run time

erlon

Newly Enlightened
Hmm... 1 baterry only, both of it.

Sorry =/

You should try the Solarforce L900

brightarc

Newly Enlightened
Try this one instead 14212.
I have got one, and for the money I think it is the best P7 torch on DX.

ichoderso

Enlightened
Hi, I have the same(WF1000, but I think, they have the same driver...?) I write some about in the dealers corner.
Have the same problem with this light.
I bought it from KD....
bad quality and bad service from KD-no replacement driver without sending back the complete light.....

but I have a solution, will get you details later!

greetings,
Jens

edit: I have the WF1000....the same driver??

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I have found that it is best to disassemble all cheap lights when they are received and check for problems before the light fails, it is not unusual to find stars with no thermal paste, loose screws dry joints etc.
Norm

zx7dave

Enlightened
I have actually had good luck with both the WF500 and WF1000. Guess it is random luck....

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
There should be a 'UltraFire duds' sticky put up. With all the multiple threads starting with 'My Ultrafire light I just received is S^%T!'
Would be good to group them all together so people can compare their problems. Seems to me that new members should be given some advice that unless you are a modder, you might be better served by recognised brand name lights.

James:)

Last edited:

DigitalGreaseMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Try this one instead 14212.
I have got one, and for the money I think it is the best P7 torch on DX.

I have the Trustfire version of this light, from the specs and pictures it looks like it uses the exact same reflector, head assembly and power tube. Not surprisingly it also cost the same, within a couple of bucks plus or minus.

From the beam shots on the DX site, it also appears to have the same beam pattern. (a bit ugly in my opinion). Lots of light output in the short and medium range, but it does not throw very well. I keep mine as a basic backup light.

My main light is an L900. There is a new version called the L900m which is a two cell 18650 light. Identical reflector as its bigger brother, just shorter length and a little less run time because it is only two cells. Jirik has done tests on both these L900 lights and has high praise for them.

I have been using my L900 every day for the last three months. Highly recommended. (The new version seems to be available for about $100.)

Best regards,
Jonathan

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
$50 for an 'off brand' P7

or $75 for a great quality reliable trustworthy manufacturer light.?

spend the extrta $25.

or buy it for $50 used in the marketplace.

bansuri

Enlightened
$50 for an 'off brand' P7

or $75 for a great quality reliable trustworthy manufacturer light.?

spend the extrta $25.

or buy it for $50 used in the marketplace.
+1
Your favorite light may not be in the marketplace right now, but if you watch for a week or so you'll be AMAZED at what you'll see there.
Also, check here for some awesome CPF deals compiled by GreenLED.

1 what

Enlightened
Hi bansuri.
Care to give us a clue???
"Your favorite light may not be in the marketplace right now, but if you watch for a week or so you'll be AMAZED at what you'll see there."

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best most versatile P7 light is an unused 3D Maglite with add-ons IMHO! :D

100% agree with Norm, if you buy cheap... always expect assembly issues and pre-emptively rectify them :thumbsup:

jimmyjames

Newly Enlightened
Try a SolarForce L2 or L2M they are well below $70 and have a growing following on here as being reliable and well made.

Didn't know a Solarforce L2 used a P7 emitter which is what the OP was looking for.