Brinkmann legend lx

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of getting one of these lights. How does the beam compare the brinkmann led light "rebel"?? will it shine further? i know it will be a better flood light. On the batteries,how long do they last?? And since i ahve never bought lithium batteries, what is the average cost of them?? I am really curious of the batteries because if i don't get much run time and am dropping 10 bucks a week on bats, i will just use the rebel.. In days, how long do your batteries last?? i will proably have more questions later..

Thanks guys!! snapper

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
How does the beam compare the brinkmann led light "rebel"??

[/ QUOTE ]

No Comparison. The LX is a Lithium powered Xenon light, about equal to a 3-D mag. The Rebel is a 1 LED light - very dim in comparison. The're intended for 2 different purposes.

It will run about an hour on the included lithium batteries. How long they will last in "Days" is impossible to tell you - it depends on how much you use it.

Don't buy the batteries at retail stores! Get them at Surefire.com for about 1.25 each.

Here's my Legend LX review with pics: http://thelightsite.cruxial.com/reviews/brinkmann_legendlx.htm

snapper

Newly Enlightened
Dang, 12bats for 15$$ not bad, if i get one i will get them thgere.. Now, in your opinion, what is the rebel best used for? And what is the legend lx best used for??

Thanks guys

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use the Legend wherever you need a really bright light - same as whenever you would need a 3-D mag. The advantages are that it will fit in your pocket or glovebox and the batteries have a 10 year shelf life. The disadvantage is it's runtime.

The Rebel is best used in complete or near complete darkness where you would need a light with long runtime but not much output. Personally I'd get an Infinity Ultra instead.

If you do a Search on the forums using the link at the top of the page for "Legend LX" you'll find plenty of information.

snapper

Newly Enlightened
will this light throw a beam up into a ceiling?? like the drop tile type to see up in there? That woudl be one of my uses.. Aby ideas??

LAter snapper

freewheelin'

Enlightened
I much prefer my Scorpion as its got an adjustable beam and has never failed me. Botach has em for $19.95 and Toshiba batts 20 for $20.00. Some people have had trouble with them but I haven't and thier prices are good.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search here on the Brinkmann Legend LX.

It has been one of the most talked about lights here.

While not perfect, it is one of the best of it's type of lights around, and for a very good price.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one, and I really like it. It's currently one of only 2 non-led lights that I own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (well, I own several but they are waiting on mods) When the little bi-pin bulb dies in it I'll be adding a p60 or p61 bulb in it which won't burn as long, but will be much brighter.

THe brightness of the light is quite impressive. It would be very good for what you mention. I don't own a scorpion to I can't compare it to that. But the output is very useful.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
leglx_vs_scorp.jpg

Legend LX on Left, Scorpion on Right

http://thelightsite.cruxial.com/reviews/beam_comparisons.htm

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
These two guys were a couple of the few to give the E2x a run for its money... As cheap as they were, they were on par with the output of their SureFire counterpart.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

The Brinkmann Legend LX is an awesome light for $20 bucks. You won't regret getting one. Be aware that the batteries can be pricey. About $10 for a 2 pack of Energizer E2 Lithiums at Wal-Mart seems to be the cheapest I've seen in stores, so save yourself a few bucks and buy them online. Places like Sunn Battery.com and Cheap Batteries.com have good prices. You can also get a 12 pack of Surefire brand batteries for $15 direct from Surefire.