Why Do CPF'ers Spend Money @ KD/DX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry i h

Enlightened
Recent example: I got a 18650 and DSD charger from a domestic merchant. He takes regular credit cards, I got the usual email confirmations, and it only took a few days to get my stuff.
This same transaction with DX/KD would have been more involved, but, I am assuming, just as successful.
Question: why not use a domestic merchant in all cases? They have the usual American, legal, credit card protections if something goes amiss, just like buying stuff at the department store, but something is wrong. If your stuff is in stock, shipping is assured in a few days; no import or tariff delays to worry about. If something goes awry with DX/KD, you usually have little or no legal recourse other than the integrity of said importers.
Question: why?
I have 3 x 5 gal. buckets of batts, chargers, and torches; I have NEVER used a merchant in the Orient. Is there any reason for me to change my buying habits?

Empath

Flashaholic
Jerry, take your dealer questions and concerns to the applicable forums of the MarketPlace. Even though the Cafe is our off-topic forum, some topics can be off topic here by virtue of being topical elsewhere. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts